Technical Front brake dust shields?

Currently reading:
Technical Front brake dust shields?

razza72

Seicento front brake dust shields almost gone due to rust which isnt a surprise really. I removed them when replacing pads etc . They can’t be purchased anywhere.
anyone no a replacement that can be adapted to fit ?
is it ok to just leave them on off ?
anyone had trouble by leaving them off ?
it seems very strange you can buy everything needed for a complete front disc brake replacement but not the shields 🤷🏼‍♂️

Seicento front brake dust shields almost gone due to rust which isnt a surprise really. I removed them when replacing pads etc . They can’t be purchased anywhere.
anyone no a replacement that can be adapted to fit ?
is it ok to just leave them on off ?
anyone had trouble by leaving them off ?
it seems very strange you can buy everything needed for a complete front disc brake replacement but not the shields 🤷🏼‍♂️
I have seen many vehicles with missing brake disc dust covers and have never heard of any failing Mots or causing any issues.
Probably best if removed completely if not already, even if just to tidy up.
Note on rear drum brakes they are more structural so a different matter all together.

I have seen many vehicles with missing brake disc dust covers and have never heard of any failing Mots or causing any issues.
Probably best if removed completely if not already, even if just to tidy up.
Note on rear drum brakes they are more structural so a different matter all together.
Brilliant thank you , I am nearly rebuilding and replacing everything underneath, I am nearly done and these aren’t available anywhere. I will add more pictures of process on here soon . 👍

Back