Styling Panda aftermarket sunroof?

Currently reading:
Styling Panda aftermarket sunroof?

So.......did anyone on here have this mod done?? I’m giving serious thought to a fabric roof on my Cross.

Sunroofs were common on cars before Air con was "normal". I found them noisy and a reliability issue so have never missed them. Cars built to be open (SLKs, MGs etc) are great, but anything else is too compromised when the get a hole chopped into it. IMO of course.

Sunroofs were common on cars before Air con was "normal". I found them noisy and a reliability issue so have never missed them. Cars built to be open (SLKs, MGs etc) are great, but anything else is too compromised when the get a hole chopped into it. IMO of course.

Sure.....but would like to know if anyone has had this done so I can get an objective view. I’ve had plenty of cars with sunroofs. Some good, some not so good. I’ve also had purpose built roadsters/cabriolets with climate control.....

Last edited:
The Panda is pretty noisy at speed into a headwind. I believe its caused by turbulence at the front edge of the roof. That would cause some nasty thump bump with a sunroof so you'd be for ever opening and closing it.

If you have a Go-Pro, tape some strips of ribbon along the front roof edge and film it while driving. That should show if there really is a turbulence issue.

Wish I could trace the person who had one of these installed on a Gen 3 4x4 in 2017....it comes up in a Google search. Might be easier than a Go Pro and tape....[emoji23]

I have never met an aftermarket sunroof that didn't quickly cause problems with leaks. maybe fine for a year or so but almost all of them start to leak sooner or later.

That said I also met a lot of factory fitted fiat sunroofs that also leaked.

I'm not saying you shouldn't go for it if that's what you want, but given they are usually 4 figured fitted and that they do all largely leak, i'm not sure any aftermarket sunroof is good deal.

The Webasto roof comes with a three year warranty. I’m aware that some roofs leak. I’ve personally never had one that does. I’m also aware of its price. I’m really after first hand experience of this roof...

I’m really after first hand experience of this roof...

Then you would be better off going to the company and seeing if they can put you in touch with previous customers. This is a 9 year old thread and from what I gather the Original Poster didn’t go ahead with it and Looking back he’s not been on the forum in 7 years anyway.
You maybe waiting a very long time for someone with first hand experience.

Then you would be better off going to the company and seeing if they can put you in touch with previous customers. This is a 9 year old thread and from what I gather the Original Poster didn’t go ahead with it and Looking back he’s not been on the forum in 7 years anyway.

You maybe waiting a very long time for someone with first hand experience.

Thanks for the advice...an old thread, sure, but new people join and look at old threads all the time.

Back