Styling Panda aftermarket sunroof?

Currently reading:
Styling Panda aftermarket sunroof?

Not sure if it's a great idea for re-sale though.

Exactly what I was thinking! - Though I'm thinking my panda is going to be with me for a very long time so it probably won't matter to much. =/

I'm not sure about the fabric roof (Shown in the picture). I'de much rather a glass/panoramic roof - I love the idea of having the added light in the cab. :)

I would love a fabric sunroof, just like the one I used to have on my old Triumph Herald 12/50.
However, my Panda Cross has the peculiar plastic thingy on the roof which would be in the way.

Here's a Triumph Herald 12/50 for our younger readers.
heraldmain.jpg

Last edited:
I so wish I could give you my electric sunroof from my car as I hate them. Nowt but trouble really.

Agreed. The one in our Subaru doesn't like the cold as the libricant doesn't lubricate, and when it's hot the sunroof expands and the motor finds it hard to push the sunroof out :D

I like fabric roll-back sunroofs - but I don't think that it would suit a 100HP.

Using the link provided in the other thread, how about this one:
http://sunroof.webasto.co.uk/products/roof-systems/hollandia-500.html

I agree though, you could be lining yourself up for a load of grief.

Well, I have the panoramic roof on the 100hp and it's rather nice. Easy to use and pretty much silent.

That said, when we bought our 2001 Seicento Sporting it also came with the full fabric roof - a very rare option indeed. That's a nice feature but hugely noisy above 70mph - so much so that I keep to the limit in that car.

Of course you could get a 500 with rag roof - and never see out your back window. Awful design, though not as bad as the C3 Pluriel.

So... I'm guessing most people think its a bad idea :p

LeanMeanRacing - I agree with the fabric roof not suiting the 100HP. I was leaning more towards the idea of the glass panoramic style.

306maxi - I think you'v put me off, I can't be bothered with all that :(

Doctorchris - Nice car (Never seen 1 b4....).

No sunroof on my panda then. Thanks for the advice guys/gals.

Interestingly enough, I am seriously considering getting a fabric one on my Panda 4x4, hence my post in the other thread about Webasto roofs (rooves?). I also drive Citroen 2CVs and Dyanes and miss opening the roof when the sun shines!!

I was driving past my local tip the other day with my roof open and knew it was going to smell, closed the roof and windows and put my Air con on, i thought 'lucky i have both'.

There are times when i want to be cool without the wind in my hair, but i'd never use them both at the same time.. because that's when there's no point. :)

In regards to the aftermarket sunroof, i see problems in the future condition of the roof and resale. :(

Back