• IMG_4044.JPG
    IMG_4044.JPG
    542.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4043.JPG
    IMG_4043.JPG
    346.7 KB · Views: 42
ok so heres the pictures properly

bilkhead2.jpg
this the bulk head from the inside it needs new cutouts and dents on the right hand side for dash steering colum and heater controls and loom and the old ones blocked. need to add reinforcement where steering colum bolts on

bulkhead1.jpg
on the engine side the the steering rack mounts are in the right place. there is some corrugations that hopefully wont get in the way of the steering shaft. the oval hole will be blocked with the back plate off the old steering box which will provide the correct mounts from the master cylinder

it may not be worth the hassle but, as my lhd steering rack was in need of replacement and i only had a rhd one this car will be rhd. i will swap the wiring loom, the dash, heater. pedal box and clutch cable. i will reuse the steering column, brake servo throttle cable. as i am fitting a carb i will get rid of the ecu, spi manifold, (have to drill hole in carb manifold for servo) and a strange tank under the wing, what is that? and some wires and solenoids.
i will add an electric fuel pump and a choke cable. but first iam gona tip the car on its side and fix a few rust patches and check over the back running gear.

Last edited:
Can I can you small favour?
Could you have a look around the bulkhead lower wall and access feasibility or removing the lower panel by driling out spot welds etc? Basically how hard would that be to tranplant whole panel.

Back