Technical Panda 1,1 abs problem

Currently reading:
Technical Panda 1,1 abs problem

@portland_bill

Didn’t you have this error once ?.
That's testing my memory. I did have the ABS light on once, but it disappeared after a restart, and when interrogated, showed no codes.
Tyre pressures should be checked first.
Even if all sensors are showing a speed, these should be checked to see they are all similar. Then a physical check of the sensors and bearing reluctor rings, for any rust or debris that might show an inconsistent reading. Then follow the wiring and check for damage.
Clear the code. Then when ignition turned on, if the warning reappears, before any wheel is turned, then either a sensor is faulty, or the wiring has a fault.
If the warning does not appear until wheels turn, the fault lies with a reluctor ring, or sensor, giving incorrect readings.

Abs seem to work fine after test ride, problem is likely some bad wire between abs and dashboard.
You have a ABS light on and a ABS error code stored in the ABS module which will not clear

to test the communication between the body computer and dash. You can toggle the warning lights on and off via software

multiECUscan
Delphi
WoW
or similar

I’d be looking at the handbrake light first. It’s only two wires one for the fluid level one for the handbrake switch. Each switched to ground which is sensed by the body computer. Which then sends the result to the dash via canbus

That's testing my memory. I did have the ABS light on once, but it disappeared after a restart, and when interrogated, showed no codes.
Tyre pressures should be checked first.
Even if all sensors are showing a speed, these should be checked to see they are all similar. Then a physical check of the sensors and bearing reluctor rings, for any rust or debris that might show an inconsistent reading. Then follow the wiring and check for damage.
Clear the code. Then when ignition turned on, if the warning reappears, before any wheel is turned, then either a sensor is faulty, or the wiring has a fault.
If the warning does not appear until wheels turn, the fault lies with a reluctor ring, or sensor, giving incorrect readings.
Cheers.

As a side note clearing the error codes can be a bit tricky on some of the latter Pandas. Never had a problem with a 05 and 06. However on the 2010 if i clear the TPS code you can see the dash go out. If you switch the ignition off and back on with the scanner still connected the error code comes back you have to disconnect the scanner straight after clearing the code. Had a mini panic attack because I had only disconnected the throttle position sensor to test and I made the car unusable. When I found out about the glitch I did try it several times and it’s consistent but I have only tried with the TPS

I damaged a front ABS wire and had to replace the sensor. Getting the old one out of the hub was a nightmare. I cleaned the hole and smeared with antiseize in the hopes it come out in the future.

Problem solved, it was caused by cut wire
IMG_20230413_170822619.jpg

Back