General Panada Cross 4x4 H next to Odometer

Currently reading:
General Panada Cross 4x4 H next to Odometer

gloomyandy

Hi,
I've just picked up my (nearly) new cross 4x4 (previously I had a 4x4), so far I like the new one. One thing that has me puzzled though is that on the dash display there is a "H" just to the left of the Odometer reading. I've not see that before. Can anyone tell me what it means? Hopefully the link below will let you see what I'm talking about!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/PYQxJ5hPr3Vz52iy8

Thanks!
Andy

What that shows is that the dealer has not taken it out of 'dealer demo mode'... you need to take it back, they plug it into the computer and reset it. That might also make you question what other parts of the PDI (pre delivery inspection) they have not carried out, as resetting that is part of the PDI priocess.

Thanks! It seems a call to the dealer is in order. I also don't seem to have the "radio passport" or whatever it is called (has the code for the radio if you ever need it) and the details in the back of the warranty book have not been completed... Sigh...

Don’t think you need the radio code... it is linked to the specific canbus body computer of your car (which is automatically recognised) and won’t work in anything else v

I was just going off the Panda manual, that says that uconnect radios should come with a passport that you need to keep safe etc. It seems you need it if the body computer is ever replaced (though having said that I'm sure that if the body computer needs replacing then having top get a code from fiat for the radio will not be such a big deal!).

Quick update I contacted the dealer about this and was told that the H will go off after 100 miles. It actually went off after around 125 miles, but it is off now!

Back