Our Worst Nightmare

Currently reading:
Our Worst Nightmare

really sorry to hear that Phil, thoughts are with you and your familly now. hope everything goes accordingly and Honesty recovers accordingly, then they can get back to doing what should have been done correctly in the first place.

keep your chin up for your famillys sake, and we will be here to help you through (y)

Sorry to hear your wife is suffering PNL, I hope she pulls through and it's not too hard on you all.

Kirsty is right by saying that MRSA (Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus) occurs because people use incorrect dosage or fail to complete a course of anti-biotics. This allows the bacteria to mutate and develop immunity to the anti-biotics, hence being resistant to treatment.

Also worth bearing in mind, that most cases of MRSA are reckoned to have been brought INTO the hospital by outsiders (visitors), rather than the problem being caused by the hospital itself. The last MRSA report I read also made a strong link to visitors coming to see patients and simply not washing their hands before entering the ward and spreading the bacteria that way. That's why there is an alcohol based handwash available at the entry to wards, but so many people don't bother to use it and spread infections as a result...

I know it's a difficult time, but you need to keep calm for your wifes sake. She needs your support more than ever.

Hope she recovers soon and gets the care she needs.

Thank you for kind and sincere messages it really means a lot to both of us still waiting for the consultant to phone me when he comes out of theatre.
Its very frustrating as the swab was taken over a week ago and so they were fully aware which antibiotic was sensitive to this infection.
I am trying my best to keep the family calm as they are all looking for answers and the tensions are building.
The district nurse has been wonderful, and she is furious about the delay in sorting this out.
For anyone who knows anything about MRSA, which I do any delay in the correct treatment can only make things worse and prolong my recovery.

Good luck to your wife,I hope she's recovers quickly.I fully understand how you feel,as I've been through serious illness myself.If it's any consolation the NHS here is just as bad.As someone once said to me.The NHS understands the cost of life.But doesn't understand the value of the cost of life! 'Bout sums it up really.:mad:

PNL - I sincerely hope your wife makes a full and speedy recovery. Unfortunately, since health care in hospitals now involves more managers than doctors and subcontracted cleaners that have lost the ability to clean properly, this now seems to be becoming the norm :mad:

wotnowarninglight said:
PNL - I sincerely hope your wife makes a full and speedy recovery. Unfortunately, since health care in hospitals now involves more managers than doctors and subcontracted cleaners that have lost the ability to clean properly, this now seems to be becoming the norm :mad:

Unrfotunatly your dead right there SO NOW heres the update :mad:

Took her in doors to have the pipe thats sticking out of her side removed this afty and Ive never seen sooo many arse lickin doctors before, they think that by useing med speak you will not under stand and back off (n) well they found out today that I dont understand the meaning of the word :mad: I am fortunate or not to have a brother that is chief medical officer for the prison service and although we dont see a lot of each other i am sure i will get his support we have also contacted a Barrister and are at the moment compileing a case believe me when i tell you people that if i can prove a case against the NHS here in cardiff then HEADS WILL ROLL:mad:

PNL said:
Unrfotunatly your dead right there SO NOW heres the update :mad:

Took her in doors to have the pipe thats sticking out of her side removed this afty and Ive never seen sooo many arse lickin doctors before, they think that by useing med speak you will not under stand and back off (n) well they found out today that I dont understand the meaning of the word :mad: I am fortunate or not to have a brother that is chief medical officer for the prison service and although we dont see a lot of each other i am sure i will get his support we have also contacted a Barrister and are at the moment compileing a case believe me when i tell you people that if i can prove a case against the NHS here in cardiff then HEADS WILL ROLL:mad:
Best of luck with it all mate, I truly hope it all gets sorted for the better ;)

Back