Nuclear war for easter?

Currently reading:
Nuclear war for easter?

North Korean/English dictionary:
"We are cancelling the armistice" - "We are hungry"
"We are at war" - "We are really hungry"
"We shall annihilate USA with nukes" - "We are not kidding, send rice immediately!"
"Leave embassies, we are ready to attack the imperialists, we shall win" - "Where the f*k is the rice???"

North Korean/English dictionary:
"We are cancelling the armistice" - "We are hungry"
"We are at war" - "We are really hungry"
"We shall annihilate USA with nukes" - "We are not kidding, send rice immediately!"
"Leave embassies, we are ready to attack the imperialists, we shall win" - "Where the f*k is the rice???"
It's certainly not the first time they've ramped up the rhetoric and the US have sent them a few thousand tons of food aid. I suppose they don't feel he's predictable enough to call his bluff.

I also think there was a time when North Korea was useful to the Chinese for political purposes, in other words they can still yank America's chain by using Kim il Whateverisnameisthistime yet still claim their hands are clean. This time though China needs the west for its goods. I have a sneaking feeling they'll let it get up to a certain point and then rein him in.

Kim will then broadcast on state tv, state radio and appear in state newspapers and tell his ignorant population that once again "The Glorious Leader has defeated the decadent capitalists.

Back