Nuclear war for easter?

Currently reading:
Nuclear war for easter?

What really gets me is that this Kim Young 'Un or whatever is name is, is just a spoiled blob of a bloke who was apparently educated in The West, unlike the population of North Korea who have no idea what's going on outside their borders and just like his Father is carrying out the worst kind of deception on those people.
As stated above, China is the key to this situation. They have the power and the line of communication to flatten the little sh*t before he really makes a mess.
What would really make my day is if somehow the N.Korean pople could see how their leader really lives, and how it contrasts with their life.
The Cult of Personality has been connected with absolute dictators for a long time. Most recently in the case of Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Kim's father. You could probably add both Assad Senior as well as Junior. The Germans in WW2 tried to make sure no-one in the occupied areas of Europe could listen to the wireless. Nowadays there are far more kinds of media but somewhere like Korea they're easier to control than in Europe or the US.

Seems N Korea have done the school yard trick of pushing the opposition to the limit then stopped short of any actual action, clearly they've realised any actual action at this time would not end well, and that in the international community their threats carry very little weight.

mine wernt far away in east ham grandad was an unexploded bomb dude in the war, worked them docks when there wasn't a war, my nan still lived there until 2009 she wouldn't leave untill they took her in a box at 92 years old.
My Grandad was born in Plaistow, my Grandmother in Bromley-by-Bow and my Mum was born in Silvertown. My Grandmother had 4 brothers, my Great Uncles, one of whom was killed in the Atlantic, another in the Far East and a third in bomb disposal. He was trying to defuse a 1 ton aerial landmine. It would appear to have been booby-trapped and took my Great Uncle and his officer with him.

My Mum was evacuated in about 1940 to the west country and her parents later managed to join her. They stayed in Wiltshire until after my parents were married and returned to London in about 1959. They retired in 1968 and because of my Grandad's lung problems came up to Stockport to be near us. He died in 1974 but my Grandmother kept on going until 2004 when she died at the age of 94.

Stubborn old bugger. It must be something in the Thames water.

mine wernt far away in east ham grandad was an unexploded bomb dude in the war, worked them docks when there wasn't a war, my nan still lived there until 2009 she wouldn't leave untill they took her in a box at 92 years old.
My Mum's family lived in East Ham, Woolwich and Leyton among other places. My Great Uncle Frank, the only one to survive the war, worked at Tate & Lyle and another worked on the building of Battersea Power Station and Ford at Dagenham.

My Grandmother was one of 8 kids and she along with one sister and two brothers were put in an orphanage while her father was in the army in 1916 because her mother couldn't manage to look after all of them and she could clearly remember seeing Zeppelins over the city from where they were, which I think was on, or somewhere near, Hampstead Heath.

They were in a Catholic establishment for girls run by nuns and her 2 brothers in another a short distance away, and although they could see them and wave to them were not allowed to mix. Her mother would visit whenever she could get someone to look after the other children and my Nan and her sister would be dressed in their one set of good clothes and taken to a room they were otherwise never allowed in. There was a rocking horse in there that they would never be allowed to play with except when visited.

It's funny how my friends and I used to laugh at Monty Python's 4 Yorkshiremen sketch and yet what working class people of (almost a hundred) years ago put up with makes that comedy all too real.

When I used to listen to her stories I used to thank God, and my parents and grandparents that I can't tell similar stories to kids now.

Last edited:
Sadly I suspect our children may one day be telling similar stories to our children's children.

Ours is the first generation where our children will probably have a lower standard of living than their parents.

Last edited:
My Mum's family lived in East Ham, Woolwich and Leyton among other places. My Great Uncle Frank, the only one to survive the war, worked at Tate & Lyle and another worked on the building of Battersea Power Station and Ford at Dagenham.

My Grandmother was one of 8 kids and she along with one sister and two brothers were put in an orphanage while her father was in the army in 1916 because her mother couldn't manage to look after all of them and she could clearly remember seeing Zeppelins over the city from where they were, which I think was on, or somewhere near, Hampstead Heath.

They were in a Catholic establishment for girls run by nuns and her 2 brothers in another a short distance away, and although they could see them and wave to them were not allowed to mix. Her mother would visit whenever she could get someone to look after the other children and my Nan and her sister would be dressed in their one set of good clothes and taken to a room they were otherwise never allowed in. There was a rocking horse in there that they would never be allowed to play with except when visited.

It's funny how my friends and I used to laugh at Monty Python's 4 Yorkshiremen sketch and yet what working class people of (almost a hundred) years ago put up with makes that comedy all too real.

When I used to listen to her stories I used to thank God, and my parents and grandparents that I can't tell similar stories to kids now.
It is stories like this, and looking at photos from the pre-war and immediate post-war that makes you realise that the "child poverty" we hear politicians banging on about today is a minor inconvenience compared with the terrible poverty of the past.

Take cover:eek:

33.JPG

Careful Glorious Leader, that's going to go straight up your.....Ah.

Quick Comrades, wheel out the next Glorious Leader.

What? What do you mean he hasn't got a son? Well get one from anywhere then, as long as there's a family resemblance.

What? Well fat, ugly and deluded of course!

It is stories like this, and looking at photos from the pre-war and immediate post-war that makes you realise that the "child poverty" we hear politicians banging on about today is a minor inconvenience compared with the terrible poverty of the past.
I seem to remember from my Sociology A Level from years ago that humans only need 5 things to survive:
Food, shelter, heat, clothing & company. I don't remember anything about televisions, or computer games or DVD players. BMX bikes, skateboards and labelled clothing didn't feature either.

As a kid/teenager I always felt it was unfair that only "old" people (for "old" read over 40) could afford to drive cars like Ferraris, Jensens, BMWs and Mercedes. Contrary to the popular saying, it seemed that youth was actually wasted on the old, until you realise that you only really appreciate your posessions when you've had to work for them. Perhaps that's why there are so many old baby buggies & bicycles abandoned in urban areas. Aquiring them has become too easy.

Sadly I suspect our children may one day be telling similar stories to our children's children.

Ours is the first generation where our children will probably have a lower standard of living than their parents.
Maybe it's time for some adjustment. Perhaps Harold Macmillan's quote of "You've never had it so good" is just as appropriate now as it was in 1957.

As a kid/teenager I always felt it was unfair that only "old" people (for "old" read over 40) could afford to drive cars like Ferraris, Jensens, BMWs and Mercedes.

I can relate to that. I remember watching the old gits (who in reality were probably thirtysomethings) lording it about in their Interceptors when I could barely afford to run a clapped-out Morris Minor.

But there was a difference. I knew it wasn't always going to be like this & one day I too would be able to afford that Jensen. The reality of the clapped-out Minor was made bearable by the realistic hope of much better things to come.

I left Uni with about 72p in the bank, but I also had about 50 job offers to choose from. I was still shivering in a damp rented house, but six months later I'd saved the 5% deposit needed for a house & had the keys in my pocket. The mortgage payments seemed frightening, but three years later they were about a tenth of my take home pay & the house was worth at least twice what I'd paid for it. By then I'd traded in the Minor for a shiny new Capri.

That's worlds apart from what today's graduates are facing. If I were 21 again, I'd be thinking the "You've never had it so good" quote was so last century. I can forgive today's youth for their "grab it while you can" mentality.

It just might not be there tomorrow.

Last edited:
You've worked hard? Made good financial decisions? Haven't got stoned/drunk most of the time and not gained a nice shiny criminal record?

Hang the rich. Or is that hang the middle class?

Actually it doesn't quite have the same ring does it?

You've worked hard? Made good financial decisions? Haven't got stoned/drunk most of the time and not gained a nice shiny criminal record?

Hang the rich. Or is that hang the middle class?

Actually it doesn't quite have the same ring does it?

No such thing as middle class anymore according to latest studies..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22000973

No such thing as middle class anymore according to latest studies..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22000973

thats ******** i get "Result: the class group you most closely match is:
Emergent service workers

This class group is financially insecure, scoring low for savings and house value, but high for social and cultural factors. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:
Are young
Enjoy a cultured social life
Rent their home - almost 90%"

I'm down as "Technical Middle Class" which is ironic as both Mrs. Beard and I are Emergency Service Workers

I'm down as "Technical Middle Class" which is ironic as both Mrs. Beard and I are Emergency Service Workers

Hmm I also get technical middle class, however if asked i'd probably have said emergent service workers, considering I work in insurance and she handles 111 calls..apparently working in the service sector has no bearing on being a service worker

The problem with all this is we are only told what we are told by the media. Even working for the military, depending on your position, you may still not know the full story.

However, it does not require a full story to tell us that this little fat man is a nutjob and needs to feed his people, nuke countries second. Though, if he did feed his people, weaponry would be out of their budget, most likely.

Remember kim, the playground bully always gets what's coming to him.

Back