Currently reading:
New Panda Section Poll, Yes or No?

New section for 2012 Panda

• Yes, it deserves its own place

Votes: 48 77.4%
  • No, keep it with the 2003 Panda

Votes: 14 22.6%

• Total voters
Definately needs a new section. As already mentioned the Punto Evo which is essentially a facelift of the Grande Punto has a seperate section and whilst the Punto Mk1, Mk2 & Mk2B are all in one section, they should really be seperate. That's kinda in the past now though & as Mk1 numbers are dying down it'll become essentially a Mk2 section.

However, with a model that's likely to have strong sales and therefore a strong presence on the forum (unlike, say the new Doblo) and that's (as a minimum) got all-new exterior panels, new interior, new or tweaked engines and modified steering & suspension system, it would be totally out of line with the GP & Punto Evo if the new Panda were not to have a new section.

I think labelling the sections simply with the years of production would suffice, ie Panda 2003-2012 (or Panda 2003 onwards if it remains in production for now) and Panda 2012 onwards, plus the usual small photo should be ample for people to distinguish between sections. You'll still get the odd person that posts in the wrong section but some people can never be helped no matter how much labelling there is.

the punto evo got its own section because its not called a grande, if it hadnt got its own section new people would have got lost and half of them would have posted in gp and half in old punto, its going to be even worse soon as fiat have dropped all the names and gone back to just calling it a punto again, if we try and keep up with fiats new models or new names for existing ones we will all wear our scroll wheels out trying to find the right sections.

sub sections or prefixes may be a better way to go

I'd say adding the release year as a prefix to the model section is a good idea. It seems highly likely Fiat will recycle the same names for years to come. Sticking 'New' on the front only works if there is only one obvious 'old' model!

I'd imagine there will be plenty of cross-section traffic, with curious owners checking out the older, or newer models.

Perhaps it is time to look again at splitting the cars between models currently in production, and those that are now classics :)

Been thinking about this, is it possible to have just one Panda section with three sub-sections?

E.g;

Panda mk1+2
Panda mk3
Panda mk4

All with example pics to identify cars to people that don't know?
Only posting here as the forum idea thread is closed, don't suppose ben would look here often.

Last edited:
I voted to keep one section. I think the new Panda has enough in common with the old one, and those of us with 2003 - Pandas are highly likely to read about the new model, and possibly look to replace with one. Feedback on older cars like mine will naturally diminish over time - keep to the evolution over revolution model and maintain a single section would be my preference.

But having sub-sections as Nathan has suggested is a sensible compromise.

Last edited:
Been thinking about this, is it possible to have just one Panda section with three sub-sections?

E.g;

Panda mk1+2
Panda mk3
Panda mk4

All with example pics to identify cars to people that don't know?
Only posting here as the forum idea thread is closed, don't suppose ben would look here often.

no. I moved this Panda thread to the site ideas section
I then moved it back to Panda with a redirect
so people see it in Site Ideas and Panda
no point having two threads on the same subject

As a general rule I don't like to see a forum overly fragmented. If a particular forum moves so fast that posts disappear off page 1 very quickly then it needs to be divided. If not it doesn't. The current Panda section is hardly at the point of overload and fracturing the expertise and answers into many sub sections will only harm us all in the end. We already get this with engine issues as many engines are common to many models. I've been on other forums that had the engines listed separately so all relevant questions and solutions were more available to all users with model specific sections being for non-engine related issues. It worked better for me.

It should have it own section because it’s a very different car. I seen one today and I think it’s got more in common with a Nissan Note than any Panda.:)

I think a new section would be a good idea - IMO there's enough of a difference between the two despite the 1.2 lingering around.
:yeahthat:
As an occasional visitor to the Panda section I would prefer to see a 'New Panda' section (don't mind what it's called). Like Super Uwe I would think that the setup would be quite different to the current Panda / 500 that would warrant a new section. In addition you will have the Twin Air engine which make it 'stand out' even more.
Could you 'virtually' join the two threads initially along the same lines as the US 500 & 500 section - this would help responses to any new threads on the New Panda (this was mentioned by another poster earlier on).

Last edited:
Back