General New Panda Cross 4x4

Currently reading:
General New Panda Cross 4x4

Hi all,

I've seen another thread on the Forum that the Panda will solider on until 2026, when it will be replaced. If that's the case then I'm seriously thinking of trading my 2018 Panda Cross 4x4 in for a brand new one that is available at a Fiat dealer not far from me. The main reason is the new touch screen multimedia that now comes with the 2022 model. I love my Panda Cross and will never be without one, but the Panda U Connect I use with my phone sitting on top of the dash is one of the few downsides of my ownership. I also have an aftermarket DAB receiver fitted, but it's just useless. I'm sure the new touchscreen system will address these issues - unless anyone has experience of the new system and can tell me otherwise?

I have a few questions if anyone can help.

I've heard the 2022 4x4 Cross has summer tyres as standard and not the 4 seasons Vector tyres fitted to mine, is that true?

Does the ECO button have to be switched off every time you get in it? In my 2018 model, you switch it off and it stays off!

I was looking at a YouTube video earlier and the tester (it was foreign, so may be different to UK versions) thought the 2021 / 2022 Twin Air engine was not as peppy as one he had driven previously. Now this may be down to it being brand new and also EU exhaust emissions.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi there
Mines a 2021 model and yes you have to switch eco off each time,although my car now has 3000 miles on it and it's not as undriverable now ,and also mine did come with summer tyres,if you do swap and both cars have the space saver spare and Jack etc let me know I'll give you £100 for one set thanks

Hi there
Mines a 2021 model and yes you have to switch eco off each time,although my car now has 3000 miles on it and it's not as undriverable now ,and also mine did come with summer tyres,if you do swap and both cars have the space saver spare and Jack etc let me know I'll give you £100 for one set thanks
Was it that bad before 3000 miles then?

Morning
It was definitely a more sluggish drive, compared to eco switched off,but don't let it bother you it's only a press of a button to get full power

ECO is slightly less awful with a few thousand miles on the clock, especially if you run on super unleaded. But the economy gains are so marginal the misery isn’t worth it, IMO. It’s on by default so Fiat can claim better emissions numbers (ditto the summer tyres).

Mine is due to arrived Q4 this year and I'll be ripping out the touch screen for a better Pioneer flip out unit with CD, so I'll likely put it up for sale once it's out if you haven't ordered a new car by then 🙃

Mine is due to arrived Q4 this year and I'll be ripping out the touch screen for a better Pioneer flip out unit with CD, so I'll likely put it up for sale once it's out if you haven't ordered a new car by then 🙃
Decisions, decisions... I spoke to the dealer today, the one they had in stock has been sold, so I'm looking at September delivery for a new one. They have given me a decent part ex on mine to be fair, but if I do decide to swap I'll need to change all four summer tyres to the Vector Season 4 (the dealer said Fiat won't fit them at the factory)

I'll sleep on it for a couple of days. If I don't go ahead (I've really bonded with my red one) I may take you up on your offer Mouse ;)

Well I slept on it and ordered a new one. Colosseo grey with winter pack and spare wheel. Dealer said delivery September, it will be my 3rd Panda and 2nd Cross 4x4, I'm hooked on them.

I'll be gutted to see my red one go, but I'm replacing like for like and that new touchscreen was the deal breaker.

I thought that too, until by chance I saw a new one in stock for sale at the dealership. The dealer did say they have had a lot more orders for them now the touchscreen is available.

I have remapped al my TwinAir Turbo's, and that is a game changer for a TwinAir turbo engine, it will come really alive.
A remap give you 100+ hp and 170+ Nm, the normal 85hp-145Nm Map is placed under the Eco Button.
Mij last 85 Lounge had 113 hp and 182 Nm. ;)
Could you recommend any remap providers please, and also do you know if it’s ok to put extra on the 4x4 system?

Back