General New Cross 4x4-Interior Trim Damaged

Currently reading:
General New Cross 4x4-Interior Trim Damaged

Stevethedoc

Our new Panda Cross 4x4 arrived today (ordered Oct 21). Its our 3rd Panda and we are delighted with it so far.

I've just noticed a nasty chip out of the plastic trim around the speedo, it looks like it was done by a careless screwdriver during the build.

I'm sure the dealer will sort it out but I just wondered, how big a job is it to remove the damaged trim to fit a good one?

I'm worried that if large parts of the dash have to come off then there may be more damage?

Thanks for any advice if you have any experience in removing the dash surrounds.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_1425.jpg
    IMG_1425.jpg
    503.1 KB · Views: 128
That is a short job it should clip off with the right tools in the right place. I would ask them to change it at next visit. Dont fiddle with it as these trims are the only thing on the car prone to rattles in my experience.
I've got it booked in, they say about an hour. I'll check the size of the job before I let them start pulling the new dash apart.

The trim around the instruments is part of the large piece that goes round the radio - part 6 in this diagram. It clips into place, but I wonder if it can pull away without removing the steering wheel? Clearly the radio has to come out. Along time ago someone posted on here about how they removed that part and painted it - red, I seem to recall. Was it @The Pretender ?

EDIT: I was right, it was the Pretender, and they painted the dash red! But not that part - see here https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/dashboard-trim.452546/ (not bad recall, since that was posted in 2017... brain still functioning it seems!)
1674858642842.png

Interesting. Mine being a waze has the standard dash so the edge bezzle is a separate bit I believe. All these things just clip in if you need to get somehting out and replace it its a whole different story as all the lugs and tangs have to be just so to clip back at the right tightness to not rattle or squeak. A new bit should avoid these hassles with luck

I'll let you all know when the garage have done their thing. Just hope its quicker to arrive than the car.

Still waiting for the trim to arrive from Fiat!.
Does anyone have workshop instructions on how to remove Part 6 in diagram above as I can see trim to buy myself, I might just give it a go. The car has also got the newer touch screen radio, any idea how these come out?

Back