New Bond film finally confirmed

Currently reading:
New Bond film finally confirmed

casion royale was good in parts, but too much talk, not enough action for a bond film IMO but a million times better than the attrocity that was brosnans die another day

quantum of solace was average at best all over

new film? meh. they are getting more boring than the fast and the furious 326962104707523- my hubnut is loose part 2.

I love the Bond series and I'm rather chuffed there's a confirmed date for the next one BUT I'm hoping this one will be a bit more structured and interesting the Quantum of Solace. It was decent for what it was and certainly better than many previous Bonds. Die Another Day was just a joke and the director should've been fired/fined/sent to prison for that.

The random slow motion, the pointless panning shots, the atrocious, awful, biblically squirmifyingly bad dialogue alone - I almost threw my shoe at the cinema screen when Brosnan and Berry had their "flirtatious" exchanges. Then there's the both fairly decent and conversely incredibly unrealistic CGI. For example, when Bond escapes in the ice car and it awkwardly bumps against the glacier - the frame rate actually judders. Then the next horrendous CGI moment of him paragliding and bouncing on ice bergs, the effects of which put early 90's PC games to shame. And don't even get me started on that smug, idiotic villain. The way his upper lip curled after saying something self satisfying put me in mind of the way the toffs snorted in mid-80's comedy sketches. There were some moments, some brief flashes of Bond goodness like Q's scenes with Bond or the sword fight or even (grasping at straws here a little) the fight between the Aston and the Jag on the ice sheet. Of course, it did have Rosamund Pike and Halle Berry, which can never be a truly bad thing even if they are given terrible scripts ;)

Basically, I didn't much care for Die Another Day. The other Brosnan films though are rather decent :D

I hope that they go less bourne style with this, and we get a decent car chase ! Imagine if craigy boy got himself into the Aston one-77...

As for the older bond films, die another day was the first I saw, when I was younger and I loved it :p

That was one good point about Quantum of Solace, the car chase near the start with all those Alfas getting totalled :D

In terms of themes, the Chris Cornell one was a serious return to form. I remember in the cinema I was watching the black and white intro and then BOOM...tonnes of colour and You Know My Name blasting out, made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up lol

Past favs though were probably Carly Simon's Nobody Does it Better or Wings' Live and Let Die. I will always have a soft spot for View to a Kill by Duran Duran. The intro for that film was timed to perfection by Maurice Binder - who was a complete genius :)

muppet42 said:
Given how unconvincing the Smart Roadsters were as villain chase cars in Knight and Day, it'd probably be hilarious to see Bond look convincing shooting out the side window of the Cygnet :laugh:

these are difficult times though, even bond will be suffering with the hike in fuel costs, it's only right he gets something more economical and better for the planet :p

all tv shows need to do their bit

Bond- Aston IQ
Gene Hunt- Fiat Cinquecento sporting "fire up the cento"
the a-team- Bedford rascal

Mrcento said:
these are difficult times though, even bond will be suffering with the hike in fuel costs, it's only right he gets something more economical and better for the planet :p

Bond- Aston IQ
Gene Hunt- Fiat Cinquecento sporting "fire up the cento"
the a-team- Bedford rascal

No no sorry you're wrong there Mark
Should be a Seicento Sporting..... :lol:

As for Bond in the Aston Cygnett/ Toyota IQ.
Q "Here is you're new car Bond"
Bond "WTF is this peice of **** Q??"
Q "Well you see Bond due to the rise in fuel, & Government Cutbacks, I'm afraid Bond this is all we could afford"
Bond "So what's the weapons on this then Q?"
Q "Again Bond due to governmnet cutbacks, we can't afford to add weapons to the Car, so it's a basic little car for you Bond"

Mrcento said:

Bond- Electric Mini
Gene Hunt- Milkfloat
the a-team- Reliant Robin

If we're going for the ridiculous, why not?

Back