Rate the last film you watched

Currently reading:
Rate the last film you watched

As it says in the title. State the last film you watched at the cinema, on dvd, downloaded, whatever and give it marks out of 10. Can state why if you want but not compulsory.

The Awakening: 6/10. Slightly disappointing ghost story with obvious twist. I had to watch Sleepy Hollow afterwards just to remind me what a decent ghost film is.

For me it was MiB 3 last night. 4 / 10

Was in a crap mood when I saw it which probably didn't help but I just didn't find any of the aliens interesting, the storyline was really lame and overused and there was massive plot holes which annoyed me. Directors really shouldn't mess with the space time continuum if they aren't going to pay attention to the rules they set out.

Erm, last film I watched...lemme see...Brewster's Millions :D

Classic 80's comedy that I'd rate as one of Richard Pryor's best. Great supporting cast as well including crap Captain Decker from the first Star Trek film :laugh: As a genre film, I'd rate it pretty highly...probably an 8/10, as if you're looking for a great example of what 80's American comedy films are all about, it fits the bill rather well I reckon :)

LoveFilm keep sending me ghost films at the moment. Tonight it was The Woman in Black which was genuinely creepy in places but over-relied on pop-up scares to the point where it just became annoying. The only reason it's getting 7/10 is because Liz White, who played Annie in Life on Mars, looked seriously deranged as the WIB

Venters said:
Alice in Wonderland, 8/10. Literary nonsense with Tim Burton at the helm. Johnny Depp brilliant as usual and a superb supporting cast. Nothing to dislike at all.

Loved Alice in Wonderland - I'm a huge Tim Burton fan though so not a surprise. I even liked Sweeny Todd

Eklipze3k said:
John Carter - 9/10 - much better than I was expecting, a bit clichéd at times but genuinely a good film. About to sit down and watch Blade Runner :)

Interesting. I've kept John Carter off my watch list after the critics thoroughly slated it but it get's 6.8/10 on IMDB and you're the second person I've heard so it wasn't a complete turkey. I might watch it after all

muppet42 said:
Erm, last film I watched...lemme see...Brewster's Millions :D

Classic 80's comedy that I'd rate as one of Richard Pryor's best. Great supporting cast as well including crap Captain Decker from the first Star Trek film :laugh: As a genre film, I'd rate it pretty highly...probably an 8/10, as if you're looking for a great example of what 80's American comedy films are all about, it fits the bill rather well I reckon :)

Great film! I love all his films around that time with that style. Coming To America is really good as well (I know it's not Pryor!).

saw said:
full metal jacket, 5 star war film every time its repeated I watch

I was watching that the other day then saved it to finish off tonight. Just passed Private Piles last scene and can't remember what happens in the film after that.

Harper said:
Loved Alice in Wonderland - I'm a huge Tim Burton fan though so not a surprise. I even liked Sweeny Todd

Ditto, Tim and Johnny are an epic team.

Harper said:
Interesting. I've kept John Carter off my watch list after the critics thoroughly slated it but it get's 6.8/10 on IMDB and you're the second person I've heard so it wasn't a complete turkey. I might watch it after all

Don't listen to what critics have to say, everytime I see that a movie has been 'critically acclaimed' it turns out to be a total yawnfest (Babel anyone? omg was that a crap film).

Bridesmaids. Not nearly as funny as it thinks it is and overdid it on the cringe. I expected better from Kristen Wiig which is probably why I'm so disappointed. 5/10

Wanderlust.... 4/10...

found it funny for the first 1/3-1/2 then after that i found it complete and utter crap and a compelte waste of life lol...s eriously the fun stuff ends just before half way and it just turns into a crap movie.

also watched Piranah 3DD tonight...... 5/10 just becuase you know its going to be poo... its funny because it is if that makes sense? either way you know there is soon to be another.

Harper said:
Bridesmaids. Not nearly as funny as it thinks it is and overdid it on the cringe. I expected better from Kristen Wiig which is probably why I'm so disappointed. 5/10

It does have the bonus though of being a chick flick that is watchable and even enjoyable, I'd give it an extra point for that :)

Ryanfaescotland said:
It does have the bonus though of being a chick flick that is watchable and even enjoyable, I'd give it an extra point for that :)

Oh dear, please don't tell me you call all films with a lead female cast a chick flick. I'd never have believed you to be that lazy of thought :(

its a movime about a group of women getting married.... hows that not a chick flick. lol also it started getting silly when she was pooin in the road lol....

that will sound good out of context

The Hangover is a film about a "group of men" getting married. I certainly wouldn't call it a chick flick and doubt you would either therefore marriage can't be part of the criteria defining what one is. Which leaves us with the lazy idea of a chick flick being a film with a leading female cast.

Btw, does anyone want to email Judd Apatow and let him know he produced a chick flick ;)

ETA@ removed the word misogynistic and replaced it with the more accurate adjective of lazy

The hang over idnt a chick flick because its about a stagg do........ getting trollied and loosing peopl. Bridesmaids is about the female side of a wedding. Thr dress the clothes ect it certanly isnt filled wiyh action and is designed to appeal to women. Ive certanly not herd many men who enjoyed watching it.... so it certanly isnt a man.

I think your forgetting that the main aim to to appeal to women....

Back