new phone

Currently reading:
new phone

Stuart

Prominent member
Just taken delivery of the samsung galaxy s4 +Gear (the watch thing)

Waiting for it to charge just now.. like a kid with a new toy.... again.... lol

Phew, so glad I didn't post my whinge about the work Samsung taking fecking ages to charge (1 hr for 1% charge at last count)

Have fun with your new toy :D

It's the hassle of ordering one through work that's stopped me so far and I ain't paying for it myself.

I've never had a charger fail on me before and between that and battery life which is roughly 1 day with very little use I'm not impressed

sounds more like the wrong charger tbh, like with iphones and ipads where the chargers look identical but have different charge rates, plug the ipad one onto the phone and it seems to take about 20x longer to charge. Takes about 7 hours to charge an ipad and about 40 minutes for a phone

Have to say, something weird has happened to my old iphone, battery life seems much improved. before i used to get. about 8-10 hours of moderate use out of it at a push, now with similar use i'm only needing a charge once every 2 days providing i don't text much.

Always preferred samsung ever since the old z140, the wife has a nokia lumia just now and she days when its her upgrade time, she is coming back to samsung.

Anyhoo... im on it just now, love it bit will see how it copes with day to day life, i will need to get a good quality cover tho.

One thing i dont like about the samsungs tho is the camera lens sticks out the back and is prone to getting scratched with it getting laid down all the time..

How do i move my contacts from my s2? Cba doing it one by one.

Mrcento said:
sounds more like the wrong charger tbh, like with iphones and ipads where the chargers look identical but have different charge rates, plug the ipad one onto the phone and it seems to take about 20x longer to charge. Takes about 7 hours to charge an ipad and about 40 minutes for a phone

Have to say, something weird has happened to my old iphone, battery life seems much improved. before i used to get. about 8-10 hours of moderate use out of it at a push, now with similar use i'm only needing a charge once every 2 days providing i don't text much.

Nope, original charger which has been getting progressively slower and slower. To be fair the phone is now 18 months old which is virtually antique in smart phone world right?

Stuart said:
Always preferred samsung ever since the old z140, the wife has a nokia lumia just now and she days when its her upgrade time, she is coming back to samsung.

Anyhoo... im on it just now, love it bit will see how it copes with day to day life, i will need to get a good quality cover tho.

One thing i dont like about the samsungs tho is the camera lens sticks out the back and is prone to getting scratched with it getting laid down all the time..

I'm the opposite. Always had nokias and only chose the samsung because it had the better battery life which is required for when I'm travelling. Bad, bad decision :(

I had a shot of a friends lumia not long ago and I'm seriously considering getting one when my stupid phone finally dies

Stuart said:
How do i move my contacts from my s2? Cba doing it one by one.

ask one of the kids to do it for you. Job done :D

Your contacts shud b saved in your Google account so would b available when you sign in to the phone

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Never attached my phone to a google account, managed to do it all through Kies, although i had to download 2 versions of kies to get the job done..

Back