Top Gear - New Series

Currently reading:
Top Gear - New Series

imported_richard33dees

Established member
Well those who watched it, what did you think?

Same format as the previous series which is becoming outdated, but the Pagani and Bentley were emenense imo, P45 hmm think JC needs his!

Quite honestly - as shite as I expected. Nothing more, nothing less.

Awful. I watched 10 minutes out at Stuarts and ended up leaving so I could head home to do some ironing.

Seriously out of date, out of touch with its target audience and in need of an overhaul. Ironically they even made a nod to this at the start of the ep...

Caught up with it... I have a feeling this might come under "rant" :laugh:

The Pagani "review", great to watch cinematically, really focused on the details of the car, fancy camera shots etc, but as a review? it was utterly ****ing appalingly shite. In fact, bordering on down right offensive at the lack of professionalism. Basically, what Richard Hammond has been paid an obscene amount to tell us was "yes, it's quick.... and yes, it goes around corners too" That's it. That's all he actually said about it. With all due respect Hammond, I didn't need to watch to know it'd be quick and be capable of turning a corner. I want to know how it feels, how the car communicates when you drive it, how the steering weights up and tells the driver what it's doing, how the brakes feel, how much grip there is... When i'm watching a review of a stunning car i will never get a chance to own or probably even get a ride in, i want to know how it feels, i want to be in awe of the machine in my television wishing i could have a shot some day. What i got instead was an utterly useless review that was so lazily done i was offended. It genuinely came across like i was watching a spoilt brat having fun with his toy and that should suffice. It wasn't a review, it was a piece to camera where nobody could seemingly be arsed actually reviewing the thing. Disgraceful.

The Bentley review by May was a little better, a bit more in depth and informative before it was taken out of its comfort zone on a rally stage, interesting to watch, not a great piece but at least striking a decent balance between a review and entertainment.

The p45? I could honestly sit here and make the rant about the Pagani "review" look calm and measured. instead i will uts say that it was ****ing shite. utter ****ing shite. Did we really have to have about 10-15 minutes of Clarkson trying to be funny on a ****ing quad bike and failing miserabley? It was even rehashed shite at that from the time they converted the mobility scooters.

SIARPC was only saved because of the conditions. it would have been a snoozefest if it wasn't for that.

Overall? 2/10. And that was only because of James Mays piece.

still dont get all the ranting about top gear.... for 3-4 seasons now everyone has slated it.... why are you still watching it? there is obviously something you enjoy...

as for myself i liked the p45 review. ok it was all used ebfore but i was actually laughing at the missfire/face plant all the time... and the dragons den spoof had me laughing too...

bently was good and paganigigasi however its spelt was also good...

reasonably priced i always skip anyways...

all in all its always going to be the same.. that is what it is. but if you dont wanna watch men doing stupid stuff in expensive cars dont watch. hell take it lightly its clearly the way its ment to be taken...

PS fith gear is on on other channels. help yourself over there.

you calling me a kid........ HAHA :p .

nah i agree but i just take it as a light entertainment show and laugh at it. and occasionally a laugh with it

sorry to say but i thought it was fantastic as always cant wait for next sundays

Well well well.....its back eh,Brilliant :) ,but as a first series starter it was a poor show,

So what do we want from this show if everyones not pleased with it?,i guess everyone want Jezzer May & Hamster to drive everyday cars and give us a review.........No thanks,i would rather poke hot knifes into my eyes than listen to a review about Fords Fiats or even Vauxhalls,i did like that speach in winter tyres though....... lmfao,in a nut shell don't waste your money................that said i don't need them to tell me that,i worked that out for myself a long long time ago,

Bring on the next show i say, it can surly only improve,

Cheers Scuderia

Mrcento said:
I thought tonight was actually quite good.

Amy MacDonald has no personality whatsoever, and her music is shite, but i would.

This sums it up - skipped the star in a car bit, as I tend to do. The rest was pretty good to be fair.

Proof that when it's not just staged bullshit they can still make a good ep :)

Back