More Matrix Films???

Currently reading:
More Matrix Films???

yup, i think that's guff aswell tbh

for some reason i have an irrational hatred towards lots of popular film franchises

off the top of my head the list is

The Matrix
Star wars
lord of the rings
harry potter
fast and the furious

i just don't like mega popular series that get massivley over hyped. even when the folms not rotten i hate that it gets people jumping on a bandwagon calling in the best thing since sliced bread. once the hype dies down most people start to realise "wait a minute...the film isn't actually that good"

I loved the first film, it was just the way it was done and executed plus Carrie-Anne Moss in that catsuit was intriguing :)

The second and third ones though were just all right. Watchable, but so utterly generic and watering down of the original concept I felt them insulting to everything the first had done. If they do make more sequels, I don't think they could really recover.

As for other popular film franchises, Star Wars is the epitome of awesome AS LONG AS YOU IGNORE THE PREQUELS. Just pretend they never happened and you'll be in a happy place. Oh and find them on VHS before Lucas took a big editing dump on them. I swear, the phrase "beard with an idiot hanging off it" has never been so true as it has been to describe that franchise killing douche.

I love Fast and the Furious. Even the second one. I don't know what it is, maybe the mediocre scripts, terrible acting, Michelle Rodriguez in a white top, the hope that Paul Walker gets crushed by a jumping badly modified Jap car or the incredible 10 minute quarter mile races. Something keeps dragging me back to them :)

I'm totally with you on the Lord of the Rings though. Great production values, awesome locations and a brilliant collection of actors but more boring and bland than Mr Q Bland of Borington Street, Snoozville Upon Dull.

Mrcento said:
yup, i think that's guff aswell tbh

for some reason i have an irrational hatred towards lots of popular film franchises

off the top of my head the list is

The Matrix
Star wars
lord of the rings
harry potter
fast and the furious

i just don't like mega popular series that get massivley over hyped. even when the folms not rotten i hate that it gets people jumping on a bandwagon calling in the best thing since sliced bread. once the hype dies down most people start to realise "wait a minute...the film isn't actually that good"

You know what single handedly wrecked the Star Wars prequels? Bar numerous side swide fades?

[attachment=1:3a4ig1vs]220px-Jjportrait.jpg[/attachment:3a4ig1vs]

Venters said:
Lets not forget Jedi is shite too! Republic army and all it's technology hammered by ewoks with pointy sticks.

Yeah, still with the proper line-up of actors and to an extent still had a great storyline if you ignore the ewoks but Lucas had started thinking more about the marketing and merchandise by that point and aimed it far more at the kids.

Jar Jar fecking Binks though, seriously Lucas, you looked at that, heard the voice back and thought, "Hmm...yes...good idea, everyone's going to love this, it's almost as good as me making it so Greedo shot first." Idiot.

Back