General New Arrival Expected Saturday!

Currently reading:
General New Arrival Expected Saturday!

Im interested about you being offered GAP for £250. Was this the GAP in the little Fiat booklet, which covers the first 3 years, or did the dealer have a 3rd party supplier?

- It was with blackhorse and the leaflet describes it as 'Retail Price Protection GAP' insurance.

- It was with blackhorse and the leaflet describes it as 'Retail Price Protection GAP' insurance.

Wicked, thanks for letting me know. I'll have a look on their website & see what they're offering, as i had Black Horse finance on my car when i bought it & it was decent value & trouble free :)

I wondered for a minute if different Fiat dealers were offering Fiat GAP for different prices (ie with different mark-up's) so wanted to check!

nice feeling when its at the dealers, 2-3 weeks to collect my new car all be it have drooled at it at the dealers

dealers sometimes struggle to discount the actual model but you can use the accessories and gap as a freebie sweetener as they can absorb this differently

Are you on the way to collect yet? I would be by now :D
Get the pics up please (y)

Yep, hope you and your parents enjoy picking up the new 500!(y)

Thank you all. We've just got back from Warwick with 'Rosa' - the Rosso Passadoble 500! Mum's not stopped smiling & Dad was giggling like a naughty schoolboy as soon as he fired-up the (TwinAir) engine :D

Top marks to Grays Garage in Warwick and particularly the Salesperson, Jane, as the whole process really was very competent & painless. I know it should be when you're spending over 13 grand but it's amazing how many dealers can't manage it. Got a discount on the 500 mats, some fuel & discount off servicing, so can't grumble too much at that.

The computer was saying 51.9 MPG when the parents got back from the 40 mile drive home & i took it out for a spin upto about 4200rpm/70mph (ish) and it's now saying 49.4 MPG, so for 62 miles on the clock & considering it absolutely flies, it looks promising (y)

Mum's currently getting very trigger happy with the camera so will get some piccies up in the next 24 hours - just off to London to see my cousin in a production so gotta dash!

Thanks again for everyone's helpful comments. This and the wave from another 500 on the way back from the Dealer has made Mum's year :D

Liam

Wicked, thanks for letting me know. I'll have a look on their website & see what they're offering, as i had Black Horse finance on my car when i bought it & it was decent value & trouble free :)

I wondered for a minute if different Fiat dealers were offering Fiat GAP for different prices (ie with different mark-up's) so wanted to check!

Thank you all. We've just got back from Warwick with 'Rosa' - the Rosso Passadoble 500! Mum's not stopped smiling & Dad was giggling like a naughty schoolboy as soon as he fired-up the (TwinAir) engine :D

Top marks to Grays Garage in Warwick and particularly the Salesperson, Jane, as the whole process really was very competent & painless. I know it should be when you're spending over 13 grand but it's amazing how many dealers can't manage it. Got a discount on the 500 mats, some fuel & discount off servicing, so can't grumble too much at that.

The computer was saying 51.9 MPG when the parents got back from the 40 mile drive home & i took it out for a spin upto about 4200rpm/70mph (ish) and it's now saying 49.4 MPG, so for 62 miles on the clock & considering it absolutely flies, it looks promising (y)

Mum's currently getting very trigger happy with the camera so will get some piccies up in the next 24 hours - just off to London to see my cousin in a production so gotta dash!

Thanks again for everyone's helpful comments. This and the wave from another 500 on the way back from the Dealer has made Mum's year :D

Liam

Hi Liam

I waved at a southbound red 500 lounge on the A429 just south of the Warwick Longbridge island about 12.30 (lunchtime) was that you? We were in a cha cha cha blue lounge with black racing stripes! We use Grays for servicing and they're really good!

Good luck with the new car!

Hi Liam

I waved at a southbound red 500 lounge on the A429 just south of the Warwick Longbridge island about 12.30 (lunchtime) was that you? We were in a cha cha cha blue lounge with black racing stripes! We use Grays for servicing and they're really good!

Good luck with the new car!

Haha yep that was my Parents! :D I'd said to Mum last week that if another 500 driver waves she MUST wave back or great offence may be caused, and when we got home (i was a couple of cars behind in our old Laguna) she said we'd just gone round the 'big roundabout' & a guy put his hand up & waved :slayer:

She said she waved back from the passenger seat but Dad wondered what was going on as we'd not let him in on the waving trick! I get the impression they'll both be waving from now on as theyre like a pair of schoolkids when they go out in it, so thanks for bein Rosa's first 500 wave!

Definately been pretty impressed with Grays so far, which is good as it's about 75mins drive from where we are - the dealers nearby are none too special so i suggested Grays as one of the options after seeing good things about them on here & Fiat's dealer rating system.

Fingers crossed all continues to run smoothly with the 500, the Laguna is our longest serving car by quite some margin (8 years) & will take some beating. Gonna be sad putting it on AutoTrader tomorrow, it's like driving round in your living room!

Cheers again.

A few photos as promised. Not remarkably different to thousands of other 500's but i know how we all like to look at people's new additions, so here goes:

Attachments

• 500 Front.jpg
    500 Front.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
  • 500 Driver Side.jpg
    500 Driver Side.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
  • 500 Interior.jpg
    500 Interior.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 57
Something just struck me RE the gap insurance.
I was looking at one policy today and looked at the terms and conditions.
It said the policy will only cover vehicles listed in the Glasses Guide.

Twin airs are NOT listed in there at the moment even though they've been out a while now.

Car is looking great btw. (y)

Definately been pretty impressed with Grays so far, which is good as it's about 75mins drive from where we are - the dealers nearby are none too special so i suggested Grays as one of the options after seeing good things about them on here & Fiat's dealer rating system.

Pleased to hear your dealer was good - I can't emphasise enough to others on here that you don't have to put up with a poor local dealer. I have gone out of my way twice now for our 500 and Panda, and I am pleased that I did.

It's not great that you have to drive so far out of your way to get a good service, but for the sake of an hour or two and £15 petrol it's a no-brainer for me.

Plus if people stop using crap dealers then they will soon have to pull their finger out and raise their game!(y)

It's not great that you have to drive so far out of your way to get a good service, but for the sake of an hour or two and £15 petrol it's a no-brainer for me.

Plus if people stop using crap dealers then they will soon have to pull their finger out and raise their game!(y)

Or Fiat pull the plug on them to give another franchise a chance, just like they did with Lee and Turner in Bridgend, who were mighty crap! J&J motors now replace them.

Last edited:
A few photos as promised. Not remarkably different to thousands of other 500's but i know how we all like to look at people's new additions, so here goes:

Congrats to your folks on their new 500. You've put a lot of work in sourcing the car for them. Red on red looks ok. The white ambiance does look well and with the Pop interior it has a half leather look about it. Noticed you went for the spots as well. Unusual on the Lounge. Sensible wheels too.

Liam

Great looking and especially with the red trim. My wife loves red but had to go for Electroclash Grey on hers is it was a used model. However she is determined to go for red next time round (from new). Poor thing she will have to work double shifts and night sjifts to save up.

Apologies for being slow to reply. Was away at the Motor Show in Geneva last weekend & had a job interview last week so just been replying to the odd thing that caught my eye on here rather than actively searching through like i usually do :eek:

Something just struck me RE the gap insurance.
I was looking at one policy today and looked at the terms and conditions.
It said the policy will only cover vehicles listed in the Glasses Guide.

Twin airs are NOT listed in there at the moment even though they've been out a while now.

Car is looking great btw. (y)

Thanks! Because of me being abit hectic we've not done anything about GAP but that's interesting about it not being in Glasses Guide. At least we can ask the question when approaching a provider. I need to get a move on with that really. My 'To Do' list is giving me a headache!

Pleased to hear your dealer was good - I can't emphasise enough to others on here that you don't have to put up with a poor local dealer. I have gone out of my way twice now for our 500 and Panda, and I am pleased that I did.

Oh exactly, completely agree. In an ideal World the whole network would be good but the World is far from ideal & i can't abide giving money to companies that deliver pi*s poor service. I'll always go out of my way to find somewhere decent rather than the nearest or cheapest. If they're cheap and good then it's a bonus ofcourse! Have to say that i've never had disasterous service from any Fiat Dealer i've tried (3 for servicing, 1 for sales & 2 for potential sales), so tbh it was more a case of going with the one that appeared to go the extra mile & that felt most natural.

Congrats to your folks on their new 500. You've put a lot of work in sourcing the car for them. Red on red looks ok. The white ambiance does look well and with the Pop interior it has a half leather look about it. Noticed you went for the spots as well. Unusual on the Lounge. Sensible wheels too.

Thanks :) The work didn't feel like a chore because i enjoy cars/Fiat so much! I'd have loved a more rarer colour but as we all know the choice in the UK isn't the widest so red it was. Me & Dad would've had a Midnight Indigo Blue TwinAir Plus model but because Mum wanted Ivory Ambience we had to go for a Lounge model which doesn't allow the Midnight Indigo Blue paint colour (n)

The Pop interior that we specced does have a leather-feel to the ivory parts - not sure if it's always been like that or just added recently? Was pleased to discover it though, because it'll make cleaning off the inevitable grubby marks alot easier.

We added:
*Front Fogs (which work alot better than their tiny size suggests)
*Leather Gearknob (it's all about a nice knob, so i'm told)
*Passenger Seat with Memory (should be standard i think)
*Side Rubbing Strips with 500 Logo (finish it off nicely with the chrome 500 badge)
*15" Sport Alloys (Dad thought the standard Lounge ones looked abit of a 'bug*er' to keep clean & i was concerned about the ride on 16"s)

Because it's a TwinAir it gets the Climate Control as standard, which is cool (y)

Liam

Great looking and especially with the red trim. My wife loves red but had to go for Electroclash Grey on hers is it was a used model. However she is determined to go for red next time round (from new). Poor thing she will have to work double shifts and night sjifts to save up.

Hehe! Electroclash Grey was on our shortlist when we started looking last year, along with Volare Blue. I think in the end it was the brightness of the red that swung it, but there wasn't alot in it & we might go for that colour in future if Fiat havn't changed the choices in a few years. Hoping some vintage colours might've returned by then :rolleyes:

Thanks again everyone for the contributions. The car's upto 600 miles now & just did it's first long journey (200 miles), using half a tank of fuel, which the Parents were pleased with. It's getting abit quieter as the miles are added too :cool:

Thanks people (y) I'll be cheeky with the mats then!

The GAP quotes provided sound much better value - the £349 from Fiat was only for 3 years & the finance is for 4 years. Mum & Dad are of the opinion that they don't want it, but i do think it's one of the better products offered - not sure if 500 residuals may begin to soften now it's been around a few years, so the chances of the car being worth less than is owed on finance may increase.

One thing on our side is that the finance rate is very good so in theory we shouldn't be talking massive shortfalls, but i will plead my case to the old'un's :p

Did anyone here get more than £500 discount on their 500? Im not used to the words 'Fiat' and 'no discount' going hand-in-hand - can get thousands off a Punto or Bravo!

I went and ordered a 1.2 lounge about a month ago now after seeing a good deal in the paper with Stoneacre. However, when I got there they said Fiat had changed the deal now (to be more expensive) but because I had seen it at the cheaper price and that was the reason I had gone for it they would give me a 'Family and Friends' voucher. This was great because I was just going to use my old Ka as the deposit, which they were giving me £400 for!! and the £500 Fiat contribution, but with the voucher they gave me, my deposit ended up being over £2000 and brought the monthly payments down another £8 lol so I dont know is this is a 'discount' or them just being desperate to sell a car!! :D

Not long to wait now though they rang on Thursday 7th to say it was built so fingers crossed i'll have it by the end of the month

I went and ordered a 1.2 lounge about a month ago now after seeing a good deal in the paper with Stoneacre. However, when I got there they said Fiat had changed the deal now (to be more expensive) but because I had seen it at the cheaper price and that was the reason I had gone for it they would give me a 'Family and Friends' voucher. This was great because I was just going to use my old Ka as the deposit, which they were giving me £400 for!! and the £500 Fiat contribution, but with the voucher they gave me, my deposit ended up being over £2000 and brought the monthly payments down another £8 lol so I dont know is this is a 'discount' or them just being desperate to sell a car!! :D

Not long to wait now though they rang on Thursday 7th to say it was built so fingers crossed i'll have it by the end of the month

Glad they honoured the deal you'd seen. I didn't think Fiat UK offers were due to change until the end of June but maybe the deal was a Stoneacre specific one, which some dealers do to increase their own sales.

It should be bobbing along on the boat on route to the docks at Bristol now then (y)

The Parents' TA Lounge is now approaching 2800 miles & fuel economy appears to be steadily improving.

Other than the indifferent ride quality (good on some bumps, appaling on others) only an intermittent creak from the passenger side seatbelt/A pillar trim & the front wipers juddering for 5 mins a couple of weeks ago let it down so far. The ride would be the only thing that'd put me off buying one, but it depends what you're used to - compared to my Sisters old Citroen C2, it's decent, but compared to the Parents old Renault Laguna, it's shocking, so not everyone's gonna have a problem with it.

I was pleased with the deal we got. Fortunately, I was ellegible for the Fiat Affinity scheme through my work.
When we ordered our car last November...they agreed the £1350 deposit contribution with Fiat and a 3 year finance rate.
When it got to january, Fiat upped the contribution to £1650 for sales that completed up until 31st March 2012...but I notice the book price went up by £60 and there was a small increase on accessories.
I went to my dealer and asked (as they promised they would if it happened) ensure I got this higher contribution.

2-3 days before it was due to be delivered to our house, we went to the dealers to sign all the paperwork as aranged. When we got there they informed me it wasn't sorted yet :mad: ...but they then said it was because Fiat had increased it to £1750 and were offering a much lower APR...and they were ensuring I was getting that :D
I think they got the contribution mixed up with the convertible version of our car...which was an extra £100.....but i kept my lips tight and got it.
They also stuck to the original book price for the car and accessories :D:D
I didn't negotiate any other discount on the car...but they did give us two sets of car mats (one were genuine Fiat 500 ones) and free Italia coloured inset badges for the side mouldings without asking...and they Supagarded the interior too. It only had 1/2 tank of fuel! But the salesman did deliver the car to us the day before the 1st March (we had to hide it in the garage...until the morning).
We were pretty pleased with that....the only issue we had was with the leather steering wheel mix up....but we soon got over that when we got the car.

As for Gap insurance, I went with ALA and got them to honour their price matching promise after I trawled for the cheapest comparible deal on th net

Back