IMG_20150823_170503.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) My punto build thread: Project U

Introduction

Hi guys this is my new build thread for my punto, as some of you may or may not know i brought a fiat punto mk2 1.2 hlx as a non runner and went through diagnosing the problem, i have now found the problem to be an ecu fault so id just need a new ecu and ignition barrel... But! I gave decided to take up a monster of a challenge and im pretty sure im going to gsin many haters for this, so Project U what is it? Well it will be my fiat punto with a Honda k20a2 engine in. These are the engines from the civic ep3 type r. 220hp standard. Now its going to be an engine swap yes and i understand the sheer amount of work this will take as well as custom parts. But it should be a fun build and i may or may not aim to end up building the worlds fastest punto, but heey the engine isnt even in yet so. First part of this bjild is starting this sunday where we are dropping the old engine so stay tuned for that, also if you guys want to follow this build on instagram be my guest and follow me @iammrsquidy

I aim to be able to take this car down the drag strip at santa pod at next years usc so that gives me just under a year to do this

Stay tuned for this epic build guys and pictures will be up Sunday ?
Hi guys this is my new build thread for my punto, as some of you may or may not know i brought a fiat punto mk2 1.2 hlx as a non runner and went through diagnosing the problem, i have now found the problem to be an ecu fault so id just need a new ecu and ignition barrel... But! I gave decided to take up a monster of a challenge and im pretty sure im going to gsin many haters for this, so Project U what is it? Well it will be my fiat punto with a Honda k20a2 engine in. These are the engines from the civic ep3 type r. 220hp standard. Now its going to be an engine swap yes and i understand the sheer amount of work this will take as well as custom parts. But it should be a fun build and i may or may not aim to end up building the worlds fastest punto, but heey the engine isnt even in yet so. First part of this bjild is starting this sunday where we are dropping the old engine so stay tuned for that, also if you guys want to follow this build on instagram be my guest and follow me @iammrsquidy

I aim to be able to take this car down the drag strip at santa pod at next years usc so that gives me just under a year to do this

Stay tuned for this epic build guys and pictures will be up Sunday ?

Sounds like a mental project!

Looking forward to seeing it!

Good luck matey!

Ok guys. So although it rained for 2 hours today we still cracked on in dropping the engine, due to the rain though we didnt get the engine out but its ready to drop the engine out on wednesday. We have taken the rad and a/c off along with all the front, and also pulled all the loom besides the few left on the back which will be done once the engines dropped, also we have seen the amount of engine bay space and now decided that the k engine will fit fine, so yeah thats what we managed to do engine wise and we also started to strip the interior, so thats thats it. Project U has started now, be more photos up again wednesday.

Remember i post more to my instagram so you can follow the build on there at @iammrsquidy

Stay tuned guys :)

Attachments

• IMG_20150823_170547.jpg
    IMG_20150823_170547.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20150823_165145.jpg
    IMG_20150823_165145.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20150823_165917.jpg
    IMG_20150823_165917.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20150823_170503.jpg