My holiday!!! (56k warning)

Currently reading:
My holiday!!! (56k warning)

hmm..

I had travelled around 500 km today, out of which 200 was hilly way above u can fancy and are tougher than u can imagine, and all this on my 1992 maruthi 1000 (it's a joint venture between the Indian govt nd suzuki, so typically it's some suzuki car only)...we r very used ti conditions like this, and seeing tha perfectly finished road, i would love to drive on that...we have all pothholed roads here in india (n)

custard said:
what we want to know is did you get money off the scrappie? ;)

45 quid (1700 CZK) including pick up and removal and destroying of vehicle it cost

Hopefully getting the rear number plate to keep as a souvenir

AppleSei said:
Its not heaven when your cooking your brakes, coolant, overheating and stopping on corners :eek:

I know that one mate, ever tried going down a massive hill in a classic beetle? all round drums really not upto such jobs, can't imagine how scarey going down that in one would be.. Can't remember what the hills called but between York and Hull theres this massive hill (not as big as that one obviously lol), in my beetle it was 1st gear all the way up, going back down was scarey as fook, by the time i hit the bottom was going about 85mph with no brakes knowing full well theres a big corner at the bottom. Take it this way, if there was a car/lorry going other way at the bottom i would have died

faster4_tec said:
I see your car was a complete pile of cack. Should have bought a volvo!!!!(y)

Indeed, my Volvo 940 turbo does those kinds of runs regularly, and makes it home afterwards! It's done 63000 miles in the last 2 years with little more than routine maintenance.

Week before last was Milton Keynes to St Avold monday. Tuesday stayed in the Alsace, Wednesday up to Essen and down to Munich, Thursday down to Salzburg, back up to Munich and on to Stuttgart, Friday Paris, Calais and arrived back in Milton Keynes before midnight. It was 2448 miles in four days of driving, and I actually did a weeks work to boot.

the russian roullette rally, 13,000miles of the car with the one tyre fire:D

teambrick.jpg

thats me on teh left, and my deserting son of a bitch teammate on the right (he left after 6days and 2,000miles, *****:rolleyes: ).

This is the clive cab, £150 of hell on wheels.
clivecab.jpg

some road in belgium
belgium.jpg

regular sight in romania, we saw 5crashed cars on this 230k section of road, inc a truck, that had smased itself all over the spot, and the cab section was in someones garden, ON FIRE!!
dacialogan.jpg

FuzzyPanda said:
My mate Steve participated in this with a Spiderman themed Mazda 626 Coupé.

I remember that team, we went out on the p*ss together in salzburg :D. He wore a spiderman costume one of the days and was sweating his ass off :D

Ahh great days!

Sorry to dig this old thread up just wondered if anyone would like to come along?

Ive had all four of people who said they were going drop out so now it is just me :(

I dont mind going on my own but someone to talk to etc and someone to operate the camcorder as well as some driving if they like (and have a liscence)

Entry Fees are all paid etc may have to split costs of room but that will not be a lot.

Anyone?

Going 31st Aug hoping to be back in UK within 10 days

Would ideally suit student or unempolyed ;)

Refuse to post a wanted add in classifieds :p :D

Sorry to dig this old thread up just wondered if anyone would like to come along?

Ive had all four of people who said they were going drop out so now it is just me :(

I feel for you had a similar situation myself for the Modball.
Word of warning when getting someone of the Forum make sure they are established members. Stilosporting will testify to that! :)

not very matey mates, same as my sht out 'teammate' at least he made it to day 5 and eastern europe.
or my mates teammate, who dropped out on the MORNING of leaving for our RRR rally :mad:

would love to come along, but my financial situation is dire dire dire :(

maybe next year I would be up for a smaller european rally or two :)

Back