243503_4043535322600_1044824579_o.jpg

Grande Punto My Grey Grande (Italian Stallion) modified lowered

Introduction

I have had my car for over a year and a half now and have still not got round to creating a build thread!!! (Terrible I know!)

Here is what it looked like when I 1st got it :)
332860_2035198275429_1420877623_o2.jpg

It wasn't long before I got some inspiration from the forum and decided to go with the carbon vinyl on the front bumper/ grill :)
324510_2040418445930_871460835_o1.jpg

I did vinyl the bottom part of the bumper as well underneath the lower grill but the cat pissed on it and it went grey :( lol

The next change that came along would be the blue interior footwell lights, pedals, punto stickers and new wheel trims. (sorry for the poor quality photo's!)
322566_2077341848992_1309352023_o.jpg

Very blue! lol (sunbed style!) :)
322566_2077341888993_724994576_o.jpg

My pedals (They kept slipping off so I eventually got rid of them :( )
324510_2040418485931_1160654881_o.jpg

This is a photo of me and a friend in his modified civic (b16 EJ) very nice build and completely modified and very fast!
You can see my custom fiat badges on this photo (not well but...) I scraped the red off and painted them black with silver fiat lettering :)
256197_3496188439270_1703212628_o1.jpg

I up-rated the suspension to Abarth springs which I was miss-informed on when I was told it would lower the car 40mm!!! the difference wasn't even noticeable! although the handling improved no-end!!!
427735_2674021765617_1118540673_n.jpg

I left my car like that for quite a while... Until... I vinyl'd the roof gloss black, tinted the side repeaters and got a black FK debadged grill. (I know it doesn't look nice in this photo but hey ho... it's on it's way to well... hopefully perfection :) p.s. excuse the scenery around my car... House is still being built so it's a building site :)
20120830_1825481.jpg

Yeah... :)

Anyway onwards!!!

My car has been like that for months until... Last Saturday! :)
I got a brilliant deal on my coilovers (FK Street AK) from Prolex UK and a set of 5 BMW E30 alloys which I refurbished with all center caps.
471538_4035970813492_322536497_o.jpg

Old vs Refurb :)
470757_4035967893419_1203426798_o.jpg

All fitted to the car last saturday and it's looking good if I say so myself :)
ar11.jpg

car74.jpg

The back :)
411145_4043534402577_814890300_o1.jpg

Still some arch gap!!! :)
463461_4043529722460_1490313512_o.jpg

Need to get the arches rolled or a camber kit as the wheels have some poke... Looks good but It means that the real have a chance of hitting the arch and shredding when I go over a large bump quickly!!! NOT GOOD!!!

The alloys are 15" original BBS and I think they look good. I have seen a post somewhere on here about people thinking that the grande is best suited to 16" or above and that 15" look bad... I disagree as In my opinion these 15's look nice :) what do you think?

Anyway... Back to the low's!!!
473212_4043529202447_1408114485_o.jpg

More low's
473446_4043533362551_378016310_o.jpg

only 8cm clearance!!!
243503_4043535322600_1044824579_o.jpg

So what do you guy's think??? Any idea's on more mod's? I wanted to open the headlights to paint the inside black but after searching around I found out it's pretty much impossible unless you want to mess up your lights. I just can't take that risk! :(

So it will continue :)
nice job on bonnet lifters! How on earth did you get the back that low? what coils you got?

Thanks :) I am really happy with the bonnet lifters! Really glad you came up with that idea on the GP! As for the low's I am running fk coilovers with no adjusters in the back (springs only). It is very low at the rear in the above pics for a few reasons: the springs have really settled now, there is more weight in the back as I was transporting stuff (not much weight... including subwoofer).

I think Jamies (sure thats his name) the white one . its quite low..

needs the back end up to make it level , :)

I am taking the helper springs out at the front next week I believe, so the front sits level with the back.

Jesus, I thought your suspension had collapsed!! I think you win the coveted 'Lowest GP Award' :D

Lol, it does look that way doesn't it :) Thanks! I would love to win that award! :D

Reverse rakeeeeeee ;) you got the helpers out up front?

No not yet :) I should be getting them out later this week!

Think once you get helpers out you will be close to laying frame buddy haha, mines nearly laying frame on 17's and I still have more to come down, never mind on 15's! You won't be able to move! Be careful with it, as it really does get a lot lower as I found out haha!

Think once you get helpers out you will be close to laying frame buddy haha, mines nearly laying frame on 17's and I still have more to come down, never mind on 15's! You won't be able to move! Be careful with it, as it really does get a lot lower as I found out haha!

Yeah I'm guessing if I would all the way down with helpers out I would be under 2cm most likely under 1cm from the floor! Haha. I don't want that lol, I still want to be able to move and not just use it as a show car on my drive :) Once the stuff is out of my car at the back it will be a little higher (you can see from the other pics) but It looks awesome like that so I might just keep the stuff in there lol :D

Haha wait until you buy wider wheels, you will be doing everything you can to get the car lighter in the rear so it doesn't scrape as much! On my old wheels I could drive with a full car of passengers and a full boot and be fine, now on wider wheels. I have no back seats, no spare wheel and it is only just not scraping, soon as the tool kit is in the back it scrapes haha! Nightmare!

Haha wait until you buy wider wheels, you will be doing everything you can to get the car lighter in the rear so it doesn't scrape as much! On my old wheels I could drive with a full car of passengers and a full boot and be fine, now on wider wheels. I have no back seats, no spare wheel and it is only just not scraping, soon as the tool kit is in the back it scrapes haha! Nightmare!

Nice! :) Yeah scraping is a big issue :/ It happens occasionally on some nasty speed bumps or occasional bump or pothole in the road. It's is low enough as it is without the added weight... any lower and I'd hit everything, hence I have to be very careful when carrying heavy stuff and can't really have any rear passengers or else the wheels rub on the arches! .

jeeez ive got no helpers in front and back and it looks no where near as low as yours on the back might have to wait for them to settle but i hope it goes lower haha

Ahh, fair enough. Yeah mostly it'll be the extra weight making it that low at the back. https://www.fiatforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=115004&d=1364933345

It looks as if your low enough at the back mate :) Mine's not much lower than that once it has nothing in the back! it rides roughly 7-8cm off the floor at the rear when normal.

Lower where it is is good IMO. Next thing you need to do, is remove your top grill, and spray that middle section of vertical grey that shows on some of the photos ;) Get it blacked, and thus hiding it from view ;)

I agree with all the above mate looks great with the "P" just nees lowering to the center but keep it to the right of the car. And what Wisey said about the silver bit on the bumper you will notice a huge improvement. I did mine with some matte black paint and a brush seen people wrap them with vinyl in the past though :)

Jordan.

Lower where it is is good IMO. Next thing you need to do, is remove your top grill, and spray that middle section of vertical grey that shows on some of the photos ;) Get it blacked, and thus hiding it from view ;)

I agree with all the above mate looks great with the "P" just nees lowering to the center but keep it to the right of the car. And what Wisey said about the silver bit on the bumper you will notice a huge improvement. I did mine with some matte black paint and a brush seen people wrap them with vinyl in the past though :)

Jordan.

I will get to that today! Btw the metal in the middle behind the grill is blacked... obviously not enough though (gloss black spray paint) so its probably the reflection you see...

Back