Punto (Mk1) my firt mk1 punt project..

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk1) my firt mk1 punt project..

shorty08

hi guys this is my first punto and i have to say i love the little car i got some ideas for her but if anyone any ideas please feel free to let me here/see them thanks...

heres some pics

Attachments

• DSC00042.JPG
    DSC00042.JPG
    669.4 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC00046.JPG
    DSC00046.JPG
    661.9 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC00052.JPG
    DSC00052.JPG
    701.2 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC00056.JPG
    DSC00056.JPG
    647.5 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC00057.JPG
    DSC00057.JPG
    687.2 KB · Views: 114
When you say project is it an on going project?

What plans, if any, do you have for the car?

Here's my advice mate, and this is what i would do if it were my car:

1. Get the wing sprayed black asap, it looks awful at the moment.
2. Ditch the under car neons, look rubbish.
3. Sort out the interior, get some better seats.
4. Lexus style rear lights
5. Better alloys
6. Suspension kit.

You have a good car to start with, but not sure what your age is or your budget.

Like the wheels!! They Mile Migla Spyders?? Gt that wing the Same colour and get it lowered. Will make a much bigger difference visually that sticking tat to it!! Tidy the interior and Bam!! It'll look great!

This was our MK1 60SX from 3 years ago (dont have it anymore)

Had all the CC'd bumpers, Sporting/GT Centre Console. Whole dashboard was sprayed black etc

Attachments

• punto.JPG
    punto.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 64
  • dash.JPG
    dash.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
When you say project is it an on going project?

What plans, if any, do you have for the car?

Here's my advice mate, and this is what i would do if it were my car:

1. Get the wing sprayed black asap, it looks awful at the moment.
2. Ditch the under car neons, look rubbish.
3. Sort out the interior, get some better seats.
4. Lexus style rear lights
5. Better alloys
6. Suspension kit.

You have a good car to start with, but not sure what your age is or your budget.

nooooo leave the lexus lights out of it!:yuck:

put sporting or gt interior in, and get the little bits sprayed lower a bit will be a nice car(y)

get them neons off
get a new bumper
get the wing sprayed
lose that stupid head unit
get the interior sorted, looks like a garden shed,
get it lowerd
get the door sprayed up

actaully no just scrap that one & start again

harsh people... although mostly correct.

1. get the car painted properly - including mending any little dents and chips, and that door handle. this helps you feel much cooler knowing that your car is minted.

2. rip out those neons - this helps you not feel or look like a stupid chav.

3. Get some lowering springs - at least 40/35mm front/rear - this helps with handling, bodyroll, makes the car ALWAYS look 10x better. In short, you aint gangster untill you go low.

4. Get the dashboard unit from a higher-up model (SX and above) so that you have a rev-counter and a temperature gauge. this is far better for many reasons.

5. enjoy? other mods?

- i have to say, i love those alloys, they suit the mk1 down to the ground.

Last edited:
I assume the head unit and neons cost more than the car they are stuck to...also why did you put that stuff on first before sorting out the more obvious problems?

hi guys this is my first punto and i have to say i love the little car i got some ideas for her but if anyone any ideas please feel free to let me here/see them thanks...

be prepared son for negative remarks aswell:D... even the young team on here[well some] think that the neons are [email protected]h the christmas tree lights, its your only way forward:D....apart from being ilegal[feds will soon stop you if you start flashing this] you don,t want to attract too much interest from them do you:eek:

does it inspire you to mod yours? git 'er done :p

i see your new car has CC'd bumpers, looks good (y)

erm well i'm happy with mine

and thanks very much but my favourite extra so far has to be the rev counter very usefull

i believe it was you that said i should colour code my last one and have clear indicators so there you go i saved myself the bother

Can' believe the absolute negativity on this thread!! The guy has come on here for idea's and advice and all thats happened is that his car has been ripped to shreds by you lot!!

Perhaps a priority adjustment is in order....the price of the gear on it could have got it on the way to tidy front bumpers brand new are only 50 quid for example and much less second hand and i got a wing resprayed and dents removed from my last car for 120 quid 150 if he used a second hand bumper would have got it looking nice. Bet the head unit cost more than that.

Back