my dodgy leg

Currently reading:
my dodgy leg

okay so 3 weeks ago i walloped my leg on a wall doingf wall jumps at training.
gouged my leg with some tasty bruising.
its taken its time healing but doesnt hurt too much unless i go prodding it :eek:

however it doesnt look too pretty,this is it after being cleaned with anticeptic today

dodgy leg.JPG

so do we think it will heal or am i going ot have to see a doc on this? as i said very little pain and i can still train/work with it

i put a similar looking hole in my arm when trying to climb through a roof.. it's healed now, but left a scar. speaking of scars, anyone know what the lil white bits are you get near some scars?

Is it something to do with pigment in the skin being lost in that area. :confused:

I had two moles removed 2 years ago, one on my back and one on my front.

They have left quite a big scar and the one on my front makes it look like i have a triple nipple :D

Go and see the Doctor or the nurse at your GP's surgery, an open wound like that could easily get infected if it's not looked after properly. It looks quite angry even now.

Looks like you been picking the scabs of it ..if you continue to do that it will take twice as long to heal and could get further infection ..if you get an urge to pick it try and resist the temptation not easy I know as I'm the world worst when it comes to picking things :eek:

so do we think it will heal or am i going ot have to see a doc on this? as i said very little pain and i can still train/work with it

First thing, is it improving, staying the same or getting worse? If it's improving then don't worry, leave the scab alone and just keep the area clean and dry.

Secondly, is the area inflamed or tender to touch? Swelling (Oedema) can result if the wound gets infected. Inflammation is a sign that the body is using its immune response (anti-bodies - white blood cells) to target pathogens. This will often be accompanied with a discharge. White or yellowy foul smelling pus is most definitely an infection and along with swelling you should get it checked out to be on the safe side.

If it's just a bit of a scar with no swelling, pain or discharge then it should heal up on its own. If you are unsure see a doctor.

speaking of scars, anyone know what the lil white bits are you get near some scars?

Yes, "scar tissue" ;) Also known as Keloids - Hypertrophic scar; Keloid scar; Scar - hypertrophic

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000849.htm

well its a mix.it does seem to be healing and as ive said its not that painfull really.
the edges are raised a fair bit now but i think its okay.

Let it scab over and don't clean it too much. Just make sure it is kept clean of dirt. If you keep removing the scab then it will take longer to heal. Other than that put a breathable dressing on it to protect it but still allow air to circulate and also keep it dry.

dunno what that white layer is though :confused: its like very white skin

Yes, "scar tissue" ;) Also known as Keloids - Hypertrophic scar; Keloid scar; Scar - hypertrophic

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000849.htm

:rolleyes:

I have just passed a first aid at work course Custard so take my words seriously mate. CALL 999 and put a bandage on it, and elevate your legs and put a blanket over your head and wash it out with water and use a triangular bandage then do CPR ok?

okay so 3 weeks ago i walloped my leg on a wall doingf wall jumps at training.
gouged my leg with some tasty bruising.
its taken its time healing but doesnt hurt too much unless i go prodding it :eek:

however it doesnt look too pretty,this is it after being cleaned with anticeptic today

View attachment 34678

i made a hole just like that in my thigh with a drill a couple of years ago (long story,) looked just the same, but bigger. it healed ok but left a scar, and now my muscle often twitches when im sat down :eek:

I have just passed a first aid at work course Custard so take my words seriously mate. CALL 999 and put a bandage on it, and elevate your legs and put a blanket over your head and wash it out with water and use a triangular bandage then do CPR ok?

Think the lads at garage will be dreading the day they need first aid & end up like a mummy:D

Back