Mum's just don't know/understand

Currently reading:
Mum's just don't know/understand

It was my birthday yesterday and for a number of weeks I had been quietly hinting at someone buying me a Kestral DAS-6 polisher as a present.

My mum thought she was doing a good deed and knowing nothing about cars etc went along to our local Halfords and bought their own brand polisher (The huge big one at around £30 I believe) and I know when buying it she'll have thought "it's a polisher they all do the same do they not?".

The thought was there but when I opened it yesterday I had to do that whole "oh great a polisher............ that's exactly what I wanted!" face. I didn't have the heart to tell her it was the reason I was looking for a proper polisher (I previously had it and to say it's poor was an understatment).

Mum's bless them. They try their hardest but sometimes just don't understand.

:eek:

It was my birthday yesterday and for a number of weeks I had been quietly hinting at someone buying me a Kestral DAS-6 polisher as a present.

My mum thought she was doing a good deed and knowing nothing about cars etc went along to our local Halfords and bought their own brand polisher (The huge big one at around £30 I believe) and I know when buying it she'll have thought "it's a polisher they all do the same do they not?".

The thought was there but when I opened it yesterday I had to do that whole "oh great a polisher............ that's exactly what I wanted!" face. I didn't have the heart to tell her it was the reason I was looking for a proper polisher (I previously had it and to say it's poor was an understatment).

Mum's bless them. They try their hardest but sometimes just don't understand.

:eek:
Can your Mum afford the better one? If so, smile your sweetest smile and ask her if she will let you exchange it for the branded one, (after all, brand is everything), and offer to pay the difference, which she probably won't make you do.
If she can't afford it then don't be an ungrateful sod! (no offence intended).
Mine cost £14.95 from Aldi. How would you fell if you'd been given that? !

Can your Mum afford the better one? If so, smile your sweetest smile and ask her if she will let you exchange it for the branded one, (after all, brand is everything), and offer to pay the difference, which she probably won't make you do.

It's not that I wanted a 'branded' polisher just that I had intended to upgrade and buy a better machine that suited my needs/requirements more and I had already owned the Halford's one a few years ago and when I had it it was absolutely useless as a polisher for anything more than rough buffing.

I still intend to use the polisher she bought me as a general polisher and buy myself the Kestral one for all my proper correction work etc

I was only stating that mum's (and other older members of the family) sometimes can be so funny because they just don't understand sometimes with certain things in life and that you realise that they meant only good so you don't have the heart to tell them.

P.S My mum being able to afford it. She's loaded lol :D

Last edited:

They are two different bits of kit entirely you will never obtain correction with the thirty quid jobbies.

Op if money is a issue search on. detailing world for the silverline polished threads

Back