Motorists may face penalty for overtaking cyclists on some city roads

Currently reading:
Motorists may face penalty for overtaking cyclists on some city roads

Oh so we can ignore the highway code if we deem it safer?
What is safer about a light mounted to a bike frame and mounted(generally above bonnet height) on the rider?
You seem to quote the Highway code as gospel,but now it seem that isnt the case because you don't agree?
I dont think you should be calling someone who is disabled an idiot.

i have already pointed out why they are not safer! but you haven't posted a link to the highway code saying cycle don't need lights if your body has them,

i was hoping for a professional explanation, not a rant from the forum self appointed cycling expert who treats every post or question in a thread as a personal attack.

i have already pointed out why they are not safer! but you haven't posted a link to the highway code saying cycle don't need lights if your body has them,

i was hoping for a professional explanation, not a rant from the forum self appointed cycling expert who treats every post or question in a thread as a personal attack.

You have pointed out they are not safer?
Based on what exactly?
I posted the exact wording that explicitly doesn't say the lights have to be fixed to the bike. Do you have another part that does?
It does explicitly say the reflector does. So surely by omission it doesn't require lights to be fixed to the bike?

I think calling someone an idiot is a personal attack.

By your logic. If I come up to you and punch you in the face. Despite it being illegal,you were partly to blame as what I do is out of your control.

oh another idiot, no not at all like a car driver, he is surrounded by a metal box,

Yes,wouldn't want get personal.

Last edited:
oh another idiot, no not at all like a car driver, he is surrounded by a metal box,

yeh because looking like a childs 50cc moped on a dark night in your metal box with a seat belt and a balloon in your steering wheel really makes you uber safe when you meet one of these head on or when it runs into the back of you..

8090033245_ca00b2e21f_z.jpg

because we all know cars are super safe and have crumple zones and stuff. perhapse all car drivers need to wear leathers and a helmet too ... :nutter:

2172040.jpg

Attachments

• 2161817.jpg
    2161817.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Wow, i've been rewarding this thread for a while and have done my best to resist but i'm putting my two pence worth in.
I'm a mountain biker so rarely stray into the road but last Feb the conditions drove me into the road. I was riding in day light with flashing back light on and I was clipped by a 4x4. Didn't fall off bit it did **** me up a bit. I always give cyclists loads of room and overtake it when safe and think that no matter how much of a pain it is IS THIS PERSONS life worth me been slowed down a couple of minutes. The answer is always yes.
Some cyclist are idiots to fair but some drivers are too. Live and let live. life is short enough.

yeh because looking like a childs 50cc moped on a dark night in your metal box with a seat belt and a balloon in your steering wheel really makes you uber safe when you meet one of these head on or when it runs into the back of you..

View attachment 137330

because we all know cars are super safe and have crumple zones and stuff. perhapse all car drivers need to wear leathers and a helmet too ... :nutter:

View attachment 137331

and that stops cars running over the 2 cyclists i mentioned how?

i am not driving a 32 ton truck so i am not likely to run over any cars, so this has nothing really to do with the question i asked, its just being an idiot again.

i am pretty sure that who ever came up with the body and helmet lights ideas ment them as extra lights to make people safer, not be used as an instead of!

and that stops cars running over the 2 cyclists i mentioned how?

i am not driving a 32 ton truck so i am not likely to run over any cars, so this has nothing really to do with the question i asked, its just being an idiot again.

i am pretty sure that who ever came up with the body and helmet lights ideas ment them as extra lights to make people safer, not be used as an instead of!

what 2 cyclist :confused:

you didnt ask a question on this page..

but decided to behave like a 3 year old in a nursery playground calling people names .. because they dont agree with you...

Or are all these people shouting down pedestrians , cyclists, horse riders, and the like the typical 20 stone fat sod who cant even walk to the corner shop to buy a pack of fags without getting out of breath? who will probably have a heart attack with the stress of seeing a person walking home up the road to get home to see their family can induce..........

yes there are idiots who do silly things Like the car driver that knocked my mum and sister over on a zebra crossing when they were 1/4 the way across.... and yes he did go to court and got a slight reminder to the error of his ways.....

them trailers scare me so much i get shudder through my body evey time i see one on the road. that bloke was 20 stone.

even government website call it a tax https://www.gov.uk/tax-disc

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ive seen it written some where that cycles need lights, how come some think if they put lights on their body they no longer need to have lights on the cycle?

its a good idea to read what you are quoting "your cycle MUST" cycle is another name for a bike btw:rolleyes:

there is one around here with a light only on his rucksack and another with them on his helmet, when they bend over the handlebars to go faster you dont see them until its almost too late

what 2 cyclist :confused:

you didnt ask a question on this page..

but decided to behave like a 3 year old in a nursery playground calling people names .. because they dont agree with you...

those 2

well they are silly aint they...

that said the number of people you see with a long jacket covering the rear seat post mounted light.. or the front light on the handle bars behind their metal shopping basket filled with shopping on their way home from tescos.. some would be better with lights on their bodies...

i always find the industry standard high vis vests stand out way more than a bike light anyway.... you see the vest first then the cycle light

Appears if you disagree with Dave,you are simply an idiot.
I may have to reign you in if you cant play nicely Dave

no you are an idiot if you think interpreting written words in a different way will stop some one getting squished into the road, its not like bending moderating rules to ban someone who you don't like, its real world where it wont matter how the words on a tomb stone are written or interpreted, the person will still only need a tesco carrier bag instead of a coffin for what is left of them.

no you are an idiot if you think interpreting written words in a different way will stop some one getting squished into the road, its not like bending moderating rules to ban someone who you don't like, its real world where it wont matter how the words on a tomb stone are written or interpreted, the person will still only need a tesco carrier bag instead of a coffin for what is left of them.

So to be clear.
If I punch yo in the face. It being illegal is moot,because you cant control my actions. So you must take some of the blame?

Are lights on the bike always safer. This is the statement you are making,so what is it based on?

Are you making an accusation on me banning someone outside the forum rules? I think you would be best not to go down that route,but barge on if you feel confident in your accusations.

some would be better with lights on their bodies...

but both would be even better.

there are a few who use my road ( no street lighting) that have it all non flashing lights on bike body, arms and head, high vis top an bottoms, you can see them before you would even see a car.

but also get kids on bmx's in pitch black, with nothing to to save them but the little pedal reflectors you see just before its too late if you/they are lucky.

If I punch yo in the face. It being illegal is moot,because you cant control my actions. So you must take some of the blame?

Are lights on the bike always safer. This is the statement you are making,so what is it based on?

Are you making an accusation on me banning someone outside the forum rules? I think you would be best not to go down that route,but barge on if you feel confident in your accusations.

there have been many who have punched some one in the face and gotten a lesser sentence because of the circumstances around the punching.

what statement?

as if i would make such an accusation :eek:

there have been many who have punched some one in the face and gotten a lesser sentence because of the circumstances around the punching.

what statement?

as if i would make such an accusation :eek:

Well I'll leave you to make veiled threats and unsubstantiated accusations.
Im not really sure what sentencing has to do with your point.you still get punched in thr face. Admittedly I have to garner this from your unique pidgeon English . However hasnt your point been it doest matter what's legal? You still grt punched in the face. So you must accept some blame.
Your statement is that lights must be fiited to the bike as per the highway code as it's safer.

Well I'll leave you to make veiled threats and unsubstantiated accusations.
Im not really sure what sentencing has to do with your point.you still get punched in thr face. Admittedly I have to garner this from your unique pidgeon English . However hasnt your point been it doest matter what's legal? You still grt punched in the face. So you must accept some blame.
Your statement is that lights must be fiited to the bike as per the highway code as it's safer.

:rolleyes:

i asked a question, hoping that some one who is doing what i am talking about could answer me, your reply saying dont worry its not illegal does not answer my question and does not help me to see them on the road!

Did you mean: pigeon?

because we dont get pifs any more

Last edited:
Back