Motor bike Noob question

Currently reading:
Motor bike Noob question

True, that's why most of 'em are field bikes lol
I'm afraid I don't understand why you now have to go through all that rigmarole and can't just take the V5 and transfer the number. I understand why you would need a certificate of destruction when scrapping it.

I do wonder if the Government just want people to abandon the idea of doing it themselves and instead pay a company (+VAT) or the good old DVLA. Either
way would put cash in Government pockets.

I'm afraid I don't understand why you now have to go through all that rigmarole and can't just take the V5 and transfer the number. I understand why you would need a certificate of destruction when scrapping it.

I do wonder if the Government just want people to abandon the idea of doing it themselves and instead pay a company (+VAT) or the good old DVLA. Either
way would put cash in Government pockets.

True, as at the end of the day, they'd be getting the £80 transfer fee, but doing it this way has put me off and means they won't.

Hang on, you're Most Easterly Panda. In other words: M.E.P. Can't you blag your way into the European Parliament and make it easier and cheaper to obtain a personal plate.

Actually, most MEPs from other countries wouldn't have a clue what you're on
about because we're unusual in as much as hardly anyone else in the Continent has personal plates.

Hang on, you're Most Easterly Panda. In other words: M.E.P. Can't you blag your way into the European Parliament and make it easier and cheaper to obtain a personal plate.

Actually, most MEPs from other countries wouldn't have a clue what you're on
about because we're unusual in as much as hardly anyone else in the Continent has personal plates.

lol. I know.

i woudnt bother putting that through a mot,
to much work need's to be done on that,

try and get a dodgey mot, your not going to use it on the road are you.

have you looked on dvla to see if there is any similar plates for sale.

Last edited:
try and get a dodgey mot, your not going to use it on the road are you.

have you looked on dvla to see if there is any similar plates for sale.

That's what I was thinking. Not going on the road (I haven't a clue how to ride a motor bike, Tractors yes, motor bikes :rolleyes: :p)

Nope, DVLA haven't unfortunatly. (n)

Back