MOT tomorrow.....oh ********

Currently reading:
MOT tomorrow.....oh ********

well my MOT is tomorrow and to be honest i think my cars gunna fail...... if it does i'm hoping i can break the car for parts and get some money hopfully to go towards another car (another Uno obviously), how much could i get from the parts, everything will be for sale except my ICE and custom centre console aswell as my tailgate and rear bumper...

bulldog5046 said:
well my MOT is tomorrow and to be honest i think my cars gunna fail...... if it does i'm hoping i can break the car for parts and get some money hopfully to go towards another car (another Uno obviously), how much could i get from the parts, everything will be for sale except my ICE and custom centre console aswell as my tailgate and rear bumper...
what do you think it will fail on? [its an uno,so perhaps alot? ]:)

bulldog5046 said:
yeah alot lol, brakes maybe, it much's down the clutch fluid and oil, suspension i think is shagged....might be time to pick up a new uno
if its that bad, save your money, don't mot it.:)

bulldog5046 said:
its gotta be done one way or another so might aswell try now
well, at least you will know how good or bad it is if you mot it. hope you don't pay full price for the mot though?:)

bulldog5046 said:
£45...... fecking expensive, wish i knew some mechanics:(
£45 :eek: a lot of garages are discounting. i would ring round for a more conservative charge.:)

the only offer on around here is service and MOT for £99 but whats the point in that? my cars probably going to fail and i only have £155 to MOT it and the work it needs, might have to start selling stuff but if i do get a new car i think i might go all out and get a UT

have you tried these garages...

HMC, Callicroft Rd, Patchway, Bristol, Avon BS34 5BU
Tel: 0117 969 5409

& J Workshops, Shergolds Garage, Redfield Rd, Patchway, Bristol, Avon BS34 6PJ. Tel: 0117 969 0626

Manor Tyres & Exhausts, 186 Gloucester Rd, Patchway, Bristol, Avon BS34 5BB. Tel: 0117 969 7038

Had my MOT today, 4th MOT since owning the car and also the first time at this "particular" garage (Guy I know) and my first FAILURE! I think he did it on purpose :p

My Front Brake Lines are Deteriated NOT split
My Stabalizing Bush is erm... not Stable
My OSF Ball Joint is knackered after I let a cowboy install it.. I knew that would happen :p

I Asked if it waws worth me replacing the Joints with the Poly Bushes, I was told its not worth it for road use as it is as stiff as a Mofo and the normal rubber ones absorb more pot holyness. He races a 3.0 Alfa he built and said they are only good for the Track.

I asked if I should replace my Brake lines with performance ones and he said "although they make the brakes firmer as they don't expland like the normal Rubber ones when pressure is put on them, when they split, unlike the rubber ones they will just explode and you'll die. Some company had a recall on them.

Apart from that My Brakes are Excellent.. as in they stop the car... but who would know for how long, everything else passed... he didn't even check me window washer, I topped it up especially :(

If I had bought it to my regular I would have passed.

PS Did you know that for a FREE retest you have to have your car repaired within 24 hours (end of next working day)? :eek: (n)

Did you know that because of the Above my car is currently being repaired and I have to pay for it today? :eek: :rolleyes:

Did you know that I now have to pay £40 for an MOT cause of all the computerisation? :eek: (n)

Back