2011-09-10_17_38_50_1_.jpg

Punto (Mk1) Molly II - Punto GT3.

Introduction

Well sure many of you know this car or at least saw it for sale.

Purchased from Alex22 at the weekend to add to my collection. She is standard bar aftermarket discs & pads and a baileys dump valve. Even has an original GT exhaust, think its the first one i ever seen lol.

Whats my plans I hear you ask?
1. Fit correct widemouth front bumper (supplied by Alex with the car)
2. Have wheels refurbed, they look ok but quite a bit of kerbing on the rims
3. Fit some spacers, love the standard wheels but they far to far under the arches
4. Clean and tidy up the engine bay
5. Exterior respray in the original colour, paint is good and there is hardly any dents/dinks but the bonnet and roof in particular look a bit tired.
6. Brand new badges, front and rear

Here is some pictures, all off my phone so not great - I will add more pictures to the thread when i have better ones ;)

2011-09-10_17_38_50_1_.jpg

2011-09-10_19_41_34_1_.jpg

2011-09-10_19_42_13_1_.jpg

2011-09-11_18_23_38_1_.jpg

comments welcome.
C.
Re: Molly II - Punto GT3

i bought all black vac hose so you can't really tell i've changed them.. I've had a change of heart (again) and decided to leave her stock - hence rad not moved over and FMIC not fitted.. Not sure if fiat sell them top hoses new still, i will check.

tempted to get a recirc BOV as well and lose the atmospheric dump valve for even more stealth.

Saw another reasonably stock GT3 the yesterday :D Didnt have time to get a picture though :(

It was silver and apart from the most rediculous pair of lexarse lights it was completely stock :)

How much boost is yours running Blu?

Tom

i've just recently bought a a gt and mine goes all the way up to 1.6 and i thought this was normal?? i have heard of "over boost" is this the explaination?

And finally she has her widemouth bumper fitted along with brand new numberplate.
2012-03-25_18_32_35.jpg

Glad to see the widemouth bumper on it. I've seen a couple of GT's with the boggo bumper on and never understood why. It wasn't standard.

Anyway, big improvement from a small change.

well its either been done on purpose by a previous owner or it is overboosting.. is the boost controlled by the pierburg valve or does it have an aftermarket controller.?
cant see an after market controller. Is the pierburg valve under the plastic cover along with some fuses/relays just below the windscreen? i've not actually had it on the road so maybe see what it does under normal driving

yes correct, on the passenger side of that little bracket.. And yes you can't really get proper idea to the boost level without driving.. But if one of the 2 vac hoses to the pierburg valve are persihed and cracked at all then boost will go out - quite tricky to get to said pipes though.. Take it for a spin and see what boost you get, should spike to about 1.0bar and then settle down to a constant 0.8bar all the way through the rev range.

it will be Marella Agnelli (the seicentoT) at Stanford - recently sorted insurance, just waiting for a few parts to arrive so i can get her MOT'd & taxed.

Which in turn means Molly has been parked up awaiting full service of fluids, belts, filters etc, and to sort this boost leak which i now am thinking is a sticking actuator. I not got much history with Molly and she could be on her original cambelt etc so needs doing really. She will be back in a few months time (assuming the sei doesn't chuck a hissy fit over the summer lol).

Just to confirm on the boost levels a standard car should :

Spike to ~1.6 bar if your throttle is applied hard in a tall hear typically below the turbo spool point.

Settle at 2/3 - 3/4 of the gauge @ 1.2 bar in any normal boost condition between 3000 and around 5500 rpm

Reduce to 0.8 bar (half way on the gauge) between around 5500rpm and the red line.

Anything lower on the standard Pierburg valve indicates either a small boost leak or a potential problem with the turbo / waste gate or associated pipe work.

A classic is the hose below the battery tray which is known to perish and this supplies the boost reading to the dash clocks.

not really. Its been hiding in the back yard as been driving the sei turbo about all summer. I can't afford to run them both at the same time atm.

All i can really tell you is the rear wiper motor has stopped working, there is a squeak from one of the belts now and the cambelt tensioner has started making a noise too. (I started her up and let it run for a while the other day is how i know these things). Have new belts to go on already. Just need free time, bit of dry weather & some enthusiasm all at the same time and i'll go fit them.

I did as it happens take a photo of her this morning looking all dirty and sorry for herself in the yard. Not sure atm what the ultimate plan for her is, whether i'll keep her or not etc tbh. But she will get all the bits she needs doing sorted either way just cause she deserves it.
2012-10-16_11_50_20.jpg

Back