2011-09-10_17_38_50_1_.jpg

Punto (Mk1) Molly II - Punto GT3.

Introduction

Well sure many of you know this car or at least saw it for sale.

Purchased from Alex22 at the weekend to add to my collection. She is standard bar aftermarket discs & pads and a baileys dump valve. Even has an original GT exhaust, think its the first one i ever seen lol.

Whats my plans I hear you ask?
1. Fit correct widemouth front bumper (supplied by Alex with the car)
2. Have wheels refurbed, they look ok but quite a bit of kerbing on the rims
3. Fit some spacers, love the standard wheels but they far to far under the arches
4. Clean and tidy up the engine bay
5. Exterior respray in the original colour, paint is good and there is hardly any dents/dinks but the bonnet and roof in particular look a bit tired.
6. Brand new badges, front and rear

Here is some pictures, all off my phone so not great - I will add more pictures to the thread when i have better ones ;)

2011-09-10_17_38_50_1_.jpg

2011-09-10_19_41_34_1_.jpg

2011-09-10_19_42_13_1_.jpg

2011-09-11_18_23_38_1_.jpg

comments welcome.
C.
cheers.. they are great cars, its way more capable than i ever imagined a GT would be tbh, possibly the nicest fiat i've ever owned... I just not bonded with this car for some reason, its technically better than the seiT in every way. Its comfier, faster, quieter, uses miles less fuel, its subtle (a big plus in my book), but somehow the sei just feels so much more special. :shrug: But I have always said i bought this car not because i wanted it but because it was for sale for a while and i didn't want some chav to buy it and ruin it, its just to original and nice, and i had some spare cash at the time.

It's odd you say about the GT not getting under your skin like the Sei, I think some cars just have more character. I know exactly what you are talking about.

My First GT was a little (quite) chavved up - 13 previous owners, very shoddy in a number of areas - various brackets odds and ends missing from previous owners who chavved with it. Came with stainless Decat exhaust and cone air filter, FMIC, bleed valve all the usual cheap modifications and was lowered 60mm on a dubious looking suspension kit!

Thing is I really loved that car, it really got under my skin and when I said goodbye was genuinely sad. I made a lot of improvements over the year I owned her and it was getting very quick towards the end, needed a head rebuild so decided to break it seeing as the bodywork also needed a lot of work, it just wasn't viable when I had a perfectly good GTA in the garage I wasn't using!

My second GT as you know her, was very clean, 2 previous owners, infinately more refined, everything exactly as it left the factory and an impeccable service record yet I just didn't bond with the car. When it drove off I barely turned round a second time, it was a fantastic car much as you describe your GT but it didn't make me feel the same as my first GT. Therefore if I went for another one I'd probably go for a chav mobile and make it quicker!

I felt too guilty to toy with the standard one but I think that took a lot of the fun out!! I bet if you'd toyed with Molly you'd have fallen in love with her.

you sir have hit the nail hard and square on the head there.. I have always thought Molly would look great lowered a bit etc but so don't want add after-market parts to it at the same time. I bought quite a few bits to mod it but then couldn't bring myself to fit them..

Last edited:
lol, you guys... i wouldn't be thinking of selling if it was an option to keep it, i do have a car hoarding issue you know haha. With my sensible head on, they are going from rare to really rare right now, prices of decent ones have just started to increase - the best thing to do would be to keep it for another 4-5 years and then sell it for profit. Alas we can't always follow the most logical path due to personal circumstances, if the current interested party is not a go'er it shall be going in the classified at some point in the near future.

i never did a huge amount of miles in mine tbh - but i would say in general they are not unreliable just that most have been modded alot and in turn a high percentage of them are modified badly, and that is where all the horror stories come from.. She never stopped working on me and passed MOTs without any issues etc.

Just like any mk1 punto though, they are old cars now and at the age things will need replacing, rubber bushes are getting old etc.

i never did a huge amount of miles in mine tbh - but i would say in general they are not unreliable just that most have been modded alot and in turn a high percentage of them are modified badly, and that is where all the horror stories come from.. She never stopped working on me and passed MOTs without any issues etc.

Just like any mk1 punto though, they are old cars now and at the age things will need replacing, rubber bushes are getting old etc.

Yeah, so reliable.... :D

Back