General Mmm.. Sylvia development

Currently reading:
General Mmm.. Sylvia development

OK, here's one for the mechanically minded.

Was driving home tonight from work in the NIIMC panda equivalent of the 'Titanic' when she did one of her famous 'die the death' moments where she looses all power and the engine cuts out...

I've had this thought for the last few days so I thought I'd try it out so I loosened the petrol cap and jumped back in and off she went like there was nothing wrong and was fine the whole way home...

Ideas?:confused:

Jim

well it's is supposed to be a sealed system, but it's not supposed to be 100% air tight is it?

Tony M said:
well it's is supposed to be a sealed system, but it's not supposed to be 100% air tight is it?

Mmm.. Well when the petrol comes out of the tank somethings got to go into the tank to fill the space where the petrol was or else the plastic tank would be crushed or the fuel would stop coming out.

Which sounds a bit like my problem.. Mmmm.

Jim

Pm.. Oh yeah. Best of luck for tomorrow. I'm sure the doc will give you some cream for it.

Did you get my mail?
( oh you did, oops)

I tried different caps thou. Its got an injected one at he momemt (with a 1/8 of a turn off fully closed)

Jim

Last edited:
It's amazing how much stuff we've done since those days back in September.....

thealsokn593.jpg

Seems only like yesterday that it was conking out...

Oh, yeah. It was yesterday:eek:

Anyway, that's me for tonight. I'm off to leeds tomorrow. The flight arrives in at around 11 and Lloyd isn't home till round 7 so if anyone has a bright idea on what to do for around 7 hours in Leeds/Bradford airport you can give me as shout...
The cpw borrowed phone of the day is 07888 69 66 91.

...and to Alan and Vin I'll see you both on Sunday at sometime with the 750!:slayer:

Jim

e505jpy said:
It's amazing how much stuff we've done since those days back in September.....

thealsokn593.jpg

Seems only like yesterday that it was conking out...

Oh, yeah. It was yesterday:eek:

Anyway, that's me for tonight. I'm off to leeds tomorrow. The flight arrives in at around 11 and Lloyd isn't home till round 7 so if anyone has a bright idea on what to do for around 7 hours in Leeds/Bradford airport you can give me as shout...
The cpw borrowed phone of the day is 07888 69 66 91.

...and to Alan and Vin I'll see you both on Sunday at sometime with the 750!:slayer:

Jim

How about a COffee and Panda meet at the airport?:)

Back