Technical mk2 punto wiper linkage upgrade.

Currently reading:
Technical mk2 punto wiper linkage upgrade.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
£5.00 Italy Economy Int'l Postage

Well, thanks to all those who answered me, but I also wanted to order a couple of wipers and other stuff, so getting everything from Ebay would be a bit cumbersome.

I tried to phone them at 18:18 (1618 UTC), but nobody answered.

Now I have printed with PDFCreator the messages I have sent them, and I am trying to fax them...:rolleyes:

EDIT: I checked on EBay, and now they have a combo of the rods and the wipers.

Last edited:
Fixed mine today, so im happy :)

wiperbefore.jpg

WiperAfter.jpg

My wife's 1.2 Mk2 Punto suffered with the linkage dropping off the drivers side wiper, so after reading through these excellent posts, I temporarily held it together with 3 cable ties, placed an order from Wipex for the news ones which then arrived very quickly. After studying what to do it didn't take much time at all to take the motor out, knock off the old ones, clean and grease the connections and put the new ones on. For somebody that doesn't know anything about motors, I felt quite proud of myself!

Fantastic help online through this forum - I guess I will be visiting back more and more as a new owner of a Fiat Punto as it seems that this car has a lot of problems associated with it. (Power steering is starting to make some funny noises now!)

If you want a real cheap way to get a few extra months out of knackered ones, get a pair of pipe grips (or big pliers) and squeeze the outside of the linkage that goes around the plastic cup that's worn. Squeeze until it snaps back on the ball with a bit of effort.

My car lasted 3 months the first time round then about a month second time around, daughters car has lasted a year so far.

In emergency, like the last time it happened to me on M25, get a bungy cord and hook one end around the linkage arm, and stretch the bungy over the drivers side engine mount and find somewhere suitable to hook it on. Because i'm lazy its been like that for the last 5 months and still works!

Sounds like the Wipex system is the way to go, but, hope the above advice will help until it arrives, of you suffer the same problem.

where can i get a whole new linkage part from??as on mine my passerger side rivet has snapped so only driver side working and fiat has qouted me 248 thats loads lol

Thanks for this.
My GF's 04 punto has started to have this problem - looks like the wipex kit is the way to go

My kit arrived today (very quick delivery) having ordered it on ebay on thursday evening where it's cheaper than on their site.

The tricky part is getting the wiper arms off the spindles as they were pretty stuck after six years in place. Other than that it's all very straightforward with 2 x 13mm bolts , 3 philips screws and 2 x 10mm bolts to remove.

I did wonder if it would be possible to attach the new arms with the assembly still on the car but the new push rods fit so tightly that wasn't going to happen.

The new push rods are obviously much better engineered than the factory fit ones and should easily last out the life of the car.

Yes, there are a few bodges that will do the job for less money but I'm happy to pay to do it properly.

The new push rods are obviously much better engineered than the factory fit ones and should easily last out the life of the car.
they are better quality, but that might be a little bit optimistic.:)

i'm having to buy my second kit just now. the first one lasted about 12 months but now the passenger side wiper won't work because the plastic socket has worn away & now the linkage on that side just falls off anytime i go over a bump.... just like the original ones!

Last edited:
i'm having to buy my second kit just now. the first one lasted about 12 months but now the passenger side wiper won't work because the plastic socket has worn away & now the linkage on that side just falls off anytime i go over a bump.... just like the original ones!

have you emailed an told them it broke? if not surprise ;)

Back