Mk2 HGT vs 106 GTi/Saxo VTS

Currently reading:
Mk2 HGT vs 106 GTi/Saxo VTS

the pedals are odd, but i have size 13s and i'm a big lad and i find a saxo suits me fine once i get used to the pedals. my GF had a saxo before her punto so i drove one daily for more than a year, and tbh i really enjoyed it.

Id have got a Corsa B 1.6 sport, 130bhp :D
i'd rather get the GSi. sport was the facelift GSi, but the GSi looked better imo. i love the bodykit and the wheels. it just works as a package.
corsa-gsi-93-europeu-1.jpg

Last edited:
GSi was around before your GTi. back then the 106 could only manage the 1.6XSi, 1.4XSi and 1.3rallye, and they all couldn't compare to the corsa GSi's performance. later the corsa went soft with the sport and the 106 went hardcore with the GTi so the tables turned and the 106 was the better car.

GSi was around before your GTi. back then the 106 could only manage the 1.6XSi, 1.4XSi and 1.3rallye, and they all couldn't compare to the corsa GSi's performance. later the corsa went soft with the sport and the 106 went hardcore with the GTi so the tables turned and the 106 was the better car.

Err have you totally lost it :confused:

You're saying that a 106 Gti is more hardcore than the proper series 1 Rallye's :eek:

Have a word with yourself ;)

Err have you totally lost it :confused:

You're saying that a 106 Gti is more hardcore than the proper series 1 Rallye's :eek:

Have a word with yourself ;)

GTi does 0-60 in 8.4secs and top speed on 128mph. thats nearly as quick as my astra!

the S1 1.6rallye does 0-60 in 11.8secs and top speed 115mph. even in its day that wasn't quick enough to compete.

the S1 1.3rallye does 0-60 in 9.7secs and top speed 119mph. that wasnt a bad car at the time (pretty good track car out of the box imo) but the GTi wipes the floor with it and has better spec thown in too.

ok the rallye had more hardcore track car intentions, but it didnt have the performance to back it up.

GTi does 0-60 in 8.4secs and top speed on 128mph. thats nearly as quick as my astra!

Ok first of all don't compare a french hot hatch with an Astra ;)

You said *hardcore* to me that means no sound deadening no fancy wheels lightweight etc etc

Which would be the Rallye :cool:

Back