as is now.JPG

Panda (Classic) Mk1 Progress

Introduction

Well I have been accused of being a bit quite. The old mk1 is coming on, although still sort of ugly.

So far she has had…

1) New suspension on the front, (bushes and ball joints all over)
2) New break pipes (copper and rubber0
3) New carb
4) Nice new break master cylinder (thanks whoever let Alan have it to pass onto me)
5) A new re-trim. Door cards where there were none and some nice new seat covers. (Sarah has been busy)

Pictures say a thousand words so have a squint through these.
Sorry been a bit slow here, didnt spot it! :eek: Nice job there, maybe have another groovy Mk1 at the autoitalia shows...:yum:

What else needs doing on it? I have to say the air vents under the windscreen seem to have faired quite well. Any rust there atall? Summit to check for and catch in the early stages if you can. I noticed a little on the inside of the doors, mine went there too. :( are the outer skins ok?

Well anyway, keep up the good work!

Cheers
Si

Thanks for the kind words on the seats. Sarah is just finishing the new dashboard and drivers seat this weekend. So nearly there.

Fixed the back and forth play in the steering. Just had a proper look and the bottom UJ clamp was loose. All tight and stiff now. (oooh err)

Sarah M came through with a new heater matrix valve so that’s just been bolted on so the heating stuff will all be back in the car tomorrow.

Rust….well to be honest, it doesn’t have any other than cosmetic surface stuff. Must have been the generous quantities of wax oil the last owner pumped it full of and the very thick underseal its got. That and living most of its life in Spain.

I’ll get more pics sorted later this weekend. If we get chance to progress. The only problem is the bloody awful weather.

Last edited:
Well rain stopped play on the car as such today.

Sarah cracked on and finished the last front seat. Just the back seat to do now.

The centre back support was broken as it had pulled away from its clip. Easy fix. Just open the clip up, wrap the elastic back around and then lockup in the vice.

I have also attached the embroidery design files if anyone is interested. If you need them converting to some other format, let me know and I’ll send a converted version over.

Attachments

• matching pair.JPG
    matching pair.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 90
  • easy fix.JPG
    easy fix.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 66
  • oh dear.JPG
    oh dear.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 75
  • foam removed.JPG
    foam removed.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 79
  • foam isnt bad.JPG
    foam isnt bad.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 73
  • embroidery designes.zip
    31.9 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
The seats look great, what kind of material is that? It looks like alcantara, but I'm guessing it's not as the material would have cost more than the car...

Cheers,

Plug

Oh the investment passed the commercial value of the car a while ago. :)

Alan's seen my stuff before. If a jobs worth doing etc... at least the panda is simple to fix if it goes bang.

Once finished and its back from Istanbul it will be for sale. Sorry guys but funding will be required for the next project.

It was a rare thing today. It didn’t rain :)
So with dry weather the panda got some TLC.

Back in went the heater matrix with new rad and on/off valve

Sorted out the indicator problem it had (blew a fuse when indicating right). After fitting the new relay I had bought (old one was very charred so thought this may have been the problem) I found the cause was a very large dead spider shorting out the terminals on the OSF indicator.

So with all the wiring now sorted in went the new dash and the clocks ( re sprayed with black foliatech pigment spray)

The seats are now fitted in, just the rear seat to go. You can see the new padding for the rear seat in the boot.

Next up is finishing the radio box and switch consol. (template can be seen in one of the pics) colouring the bumpers, some fresh rubber and wheel spray job and then it’s down to the MOT station.

Looks like it's staying now too.

Attachments

• passenger door.JPG
    passenger door.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 77
  • drivers door.JPG
    drivers door.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 71
  • front from door.JPG
    front from door.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 157
  • dash.JPG