Technical Mathildes Panda - Timing Change

Currently reading:
Technical Mathildes Panda - Timing Change

MathildesPanda

Hi all. Mathildes little Panda has now done a lot of KMs and a timing belt change, and water pump change is due. This has raised some questions.

1. motor number, she has the 1.2 60HP motor in a 2005 vintage Panda 169. Most shops states 2 different kits, up to a certain motor, 2533528 serial. I will try to locate motor serial tonight when she is home. The early ones are advise to fit a motor type names 188A4000, but on the plastic card that came with car, motor should be 169A4000 will the mentioned early kit fit ?

2. I read the fine guide here om forum. Haynes has a writing of getting right belt tension requires a special tool which i dont have, up to a serial number. Is there any short cuts or workarounds to do this ourselves ?

3. I understood this is a non-interference motor, am i right in this ?

I think the two different kits are different thickness belts do as long as the belt and the water pump are from the same type you will likely be ok.

If you have a thick belt it won't go over the waterpump pulley designed for a small belt but a small belt could work on a large beted pulley.

Or you just buy both belt pump kits on a fit one and return the other basis.

Tim

Buy the complete kit from Shop 4 parts. Its OEM quality for a fraction of OEM costs.

You "can" do the non interference engine without the timing kit but it's easier with the kit.

This is handy information https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tKxvbW91hg
Be sure to Tippex mark the crank and the cam pulley wheels because tensioning the belt usually shifts the belt by one tooth.

This makes life easier especially with the restricted access in the car.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183543522472?hash=item2abc0be4a8:g:~DwAAOSwaL1doCV1
Check for yourself that this is correct for your engine.
But this holds the engine correctly

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back