General lowerd 60mm :P

Currently reading:
General lowerd 60mm :P

yep need shortened shocks, even if they did fit they'd not be stiff enough i wouldn't think.

I'm on 50mm springs with matching shocks (on sporting) with 185/50r14 no scrubbage apart from hard cornering with people in the back - never anyone in there though - not really any room behind the big seats i got.

I've recently lowered my cinquecento sporting and bought 40mm lowering i was told that 20mm - 60mm eventually settled at the same height.
It doesnt look extremely low but it does look sportier, I have also found that the steering and handling is also very responsive and sharp.
I have the original wheels however will be purchasing some minilites replica's no bigger than 13" but with some nice chunky tires.
The only problem i've had lowering it is the speed bumps you really have to edge over at no more than 7mph other wise the underneath is looking to be scrapped. The tires shouldnt rub on the upper part but mybe the wall of the arch however you maybe ok. would love to see pics when youve had it lowered i had mine done at garage are you fitting yourself?
TOMX

NEED MORE INFO IN WHY YOU MAY NEED A ROLL BAR IN THE ENGINE BAY QUOTED ABOVE AND NEED MORE INFO IN PERFORMANCE WISE.

That is what i done for now ~~ got the back ones in, and waiting for the shock to come.

I'll brough these on e-bay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=280155231471&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018

For £140 posted for both front and rear. Don't know about quality, but the seller confirm that, you can use lowering springs from 30mm to 50 mm

May you can message him, ai am sure he has more than one set

Thanks
ming

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
could i fit sporting shocks on then ? and put my 60 mm on them because that would make up the difference wouldent it ?
No, you really need to get some shortened shocks mate.. Prices vary depending on what you buy. Shop around and you should find a bargin.
Might be worth getting the anti rollbar from a sporting for when you swap it all over, its a lower arb and will fit straight on, will transform your handling, killing lots of body roll and thus understeer. Suggest you get one from the scrappies.

NEED MORE INFO IN WHY YOU MAY NEED A ROLL BAR IN THE ENGINE BAY QUOTED ABOVE AND NEED MORE INFO IN PERFORMANCE WISE.

i think you've confused upper strut brace and anti roll bar (ARB).

i've attached two pictures, one shows my strut brace (red over the top of the engine) and the other is a shot under the car with the ARB labelled. hope this helps clear up any confusion.

You are effectivly fitting sporting suspension, which is meant to have the ARB - so you should fit one. FIAT didn't fit one for fun on the sporting. You need the ARB and brackets off a sporting, it will bolt onto your existing wishbones.

Attachments

• strut_brace.jpg
    strut_brace.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 17
  • sump_off_again.jpg
    sump_off_again.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 30
I've recently lowered my cinquecento sporting and bought 40mm lowering i was told that 20mm - 60mm eventually settled at the same height.
It doesnt look extremely low but it does look sportier, I have also found that the steering and handling is also very responsive and sharp.
I have the original wheels however will be purchasing some minilites replica's no bigger than 13" but with some nice chunky tires.
The only problem i've had lowering it is the speed bumps you really have to edge over at no more than 7mph other wise the underneath is looking to be scrapped. The tires shouldnt rub on the upper part but mybe the wall of the arch however you maybe ok. would love to see pics when youve had it lowered i had mine done at garage are you fitting yourself?
TOMX

Yeh my springs arrived today :p so i will be fitting them in the week if i have time and the weather stays nice for atleast 1 day lol ;)

WD40 is a water displacement oil, it does lubricate as well, but not amazingly.

Plus Gas, or any penetrating oil, is specifically designed to creep into the gaps and free joints etc. I use a mountain bike penetrating oil as thats whats handy at the moment. Had a big can of it on the shelf.

WD 40 on seized bolts etc. is still better than nothing though, but a penetrating oil is twice as good at least :D

Kristian

pinder or ycming, if you have a chance please could you measure the height of your uncompressed springs before you fit them. I've got a set spare and I don't know what drop they are, need to decide if they are too low to bother sticking on my car or not.

Cheers

Pete

Last edited:
pinder or ycming, if you have a chance please could you measure the height of your uncompressed springs before you fit them. I've got a set spare and I don't know what drop they are, need to decide if they are too low to bother sticking on my car or not.

Cheers

Pete
hey m8 i fitted my rear springs today ,should of looked on here earlier but i can messure the front springs for u ?

Back