Currently reading:

When I tried earlier this morning, to log in, the system said I was trying to use the wrong User name or password.

I tried a few times but was then locked out for 15 minutes (as you are) I shut down the laptop and made a cup of tea and piece of toast - with marmalade! Then I came back started up the laptop and tried again. Same result, locked out. tried accessing my email and, strangely, it asked me to log in again. Oooooow! feeling nervous now! So I ran a whole computer scan (Avira and win defender) but it came up with nothing. Logged into my email to find a note from the forum saying someone had tried to access my account. Guess that was my unsuccessful try? Tried logging in again but it said no! Anyway, fed up now so went and did some gardening for a couple of hours.

Back in the house, fired up the laptop, logged in on the Forum, using exactly the same user name and password as before and, Bingo! no problem, logged straight in!

Just going to run my scans again but anyone got any idea what that was all about?
regards
Jock

When I tried earlier this morning, to log in, the system said I was trying to use the wrong User name or password.

I tried a few times but was then locked out for 15 minutes (as you are) I shut down the laptop and made a cup of tea and piece of toast - with marmalade! Then I came back started up the laptop and tried again. Same result, locked out. tried accessing my email and, strangely, it asked me to log in again. Oooooow! feeling nervous now! So I ran a whole computer scan (Avira and win defender) but it came up with nothing. Logged into my email to find a note from the forum saying someone had tried to access my account. Guess that was my unsuccessful try? Tried logging in again but it said no! Anyway, fed up now so went and did some gardening for a couple of hours.

Back in the house, fired up the laptop, logged in on the Forum, using exactly the same user name and password as before and, Bingo! no problem, logged straight in!

Just going to run my scans again but anyone got any idea what that was all about?
regards
Jock

Got similar with my work laptop...
It 'went to sleep'

Now throws out my password :(

I even tried restarting it ;)

I logged in from a WIndows PC and then had a right old time with the password locking out and struggling to get it reset. I now keep off the thing.

Back