£4000 budget for a new car.. Looking for something different

Currently reading:
£4000 budget for a new car.. Looking for something different

did i hear my name?? :p

The seiT isn't that bad on petrol at all if you drive it sensibly to be honest.. Problem is that is doesn't encourage sensible driving haha. But if you do drive it off boost its not much worse than a normal cento really. the problem arises at motorway speeds, its just not really possible to drive it off boost at motorway speeds with it being such a small turbo. Mileage from 1 tank varies so widely on the driving your doing i can't really comment - but i can tell you it won't do 250 motorway miles on one tank.

But at the end of the day don't let the petrol put you off a turbo, its more servicing the thing that costs the money really as you should be doing much more regular oil changes than a unmodified one on top of which you don't want to be buying cheapo crappy oil for it and decent oil isn't cheap.

Reliability isn't really a problem either, i have had a cinq turbo and a sei turbo and neither have ever broken down on me - yes i have had issues arise with them but they always got me home (ok my seiT is just a toy car and so hasn't covered many miles in the grand scheme but the cinq turbo was a daily driver and got driven hard as i was young and immortal back then). So long as its built properly and the fuelling is setup properly you shouldn't have too many problems.

Yes :)

I'd like to argue with you but since this isn't a thread about how much I value your opinion about cars I've suggested, I'll just ask you to make some suggestions of your own or shut up.

In all seriousness would you spend £4k on a car over 15 years old tiny and completely impractical as your daily runner

I would consider looking at Mazda mx5 and rx8 toyota MR2 and celica as well as those there are quite a few bmws that fall into the price range and fuel economy figures I've even found Volvo C70s Saab 9-3 cabriolets and some pretty interesting Mercs all in the £4k price bracket, the only difficult thing is the insurance group which seriously limits things

But seriously, if you want
Cheap insurance
Cheap to buy
Great on fuel
And very very different
Gotta be the twin charged (from the factory) Micra NISSAN MARCH SUPER TURBO

MA09ERT, 930cc, Twincharged, 110BHP /6400rpm, 13,3kgm/4800rpm.Viscous L.S.D.
Curb weight 850kg 0-60 in 8seconds

But seriously, if you want
Cheap insurance
Cheap to buy
Great on fuel
And very very different
Gotta be the twin charged (from the factory) Micra NISSAN MARCH SUPER TURBO

NISSAN MARCH SUPER TURBO・�売�・教育用 - YouTube
Nissan March Super Turbo - YouTube
Nissan March (Micra) Superturbo vs Toyota Supra - YouTube
MA09ERT, 930cc, Twincharged, 110BHP /6400rpm, 13,3kgm/4800rpm.Viscous L.S.D.
Curb weight 850kg 0-60 in 8seconds

Would love a March, Apparently the power curve is one of the best for a car of this size and power, and the torque is incredible!
If they wernt so bloody rare then i would have one now!

Buy my 5 Series for £1,500 and spend the rest on fuel? >.>

And then take out a loan for the insurance ;)

In all seriousness would you spend £4k on a car over 15 years old tiny and completely impractical as your daily runner

I would consider looking at Mazda mx5 and rx8 toyota MR2 and celica as well as those there are quite a few bmws that fall into the price range and fuel economy figures I've even found Volvo C70s Saab 9-3 cabriolets and some pretty interesting Mercs all in the £4k price bracket, the only difficult thing is the insurance group which seriously limits things

Theres plenty of classicish mercs in my price range, 190Es 200E and even 280Es but its insurance! Same applies with Mx5s Rx8s MR2s and bimmers.
WHY AM I SO YOUNG STILL :(

Sometimes having a car in a higher insurance group doesn't always mean you're going to get steam rollered for insurance.

Personally the car id go for that'd meet your criteria would be a 100hp Panda. Simply because they are great all round cars, practical, sporty and handle like a go kart. :rolleyes:

image.axd

:yuck:

Back