Koas' Bodywork thread.

Currently reading:
Koas' Bodywork thread.

Mate,

when i was in Germany and someone damaged your car, not only did they get it repaired but the insurance also took into account how much the repaired prang would take off your car's value should you come to try and sell it. That was in my opinion a cracking idea because anyone with a really good eye can always spot repair work and will invariably knock money off as a result!
I have personally been put off buying a car when spotting a little bit of overspray or a slightly uneven gap between panels and i suggest that you put that to the guy who has done the damage. Being reasonable in these circumstances will only result in you losing money at the end of the day and for something that was not your fault, is pretty unfair!

Good luck mate

mate i could not belive what i just saw, you must be sooooooo pisssed right now, just think though when you get it back and you aint happy with the standard of work think how pissed you going be then :( i cannot belive your luck mate and i feel your pain :( all that i can say to keep you going is think of it when everything is done, then you can step back look at your car and think, dam that looks good :slayer:

Thanks guys ;)

He has done a stunning job on the other bits so I have hope :D

I didn't get to see the full extent of the damage as he was almost done with the banging out by the time I got there, but there did seem to be a line of bare metal showing across the corner of the lid about 4 or 5 inches long and some indents either side of it. I should have taken pictures, but I was kinda in denial if you know what I mean, I just wanted to walk away and forget it.

5pm is approaching and I'm feeling pretty sick :yuck:

Expect an update with pictures in about an hour.

Just got back from picking it up. Not too happy at the moment because it has to go back in on monday to get a few faults seen to. The crease was repaired but because it was done so quickly there are a couple of reactions in the paint so thats being done, and also theres a few dull areas that could not be polished out because of the new laquer.
The bumper and spoiler look to be complete. The front splitter just needs a polish, so it's the tailgate that has the major issues. Which aren't too bad as long as it's done properly on monday morning.

Attachments

• backend1.jpg
    backend1.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 38
  • backend2.jpg
    backend2.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 39
Cheers chaps (y)

I can't wait to get the weekend over with. Roll on monday, i'm the sort of guy who can't rest when I know there's something wrong. If it was a thing I could do something about, I'd be out there now all night if I had to just so I could sleep soundly the next day. But it's out of my hands and I have to wait :bang:

charlieboys93UNO said:
Good things come to those who wait......

charlie

Rubish, good things come to those who do the job properly.

EDIT: thats not meant to sound that aggressive

charlieboys93UNO said:
lol, i was quoting the guiness advert.

time is money at the end of the day i suppose. all will be good in the end Koa dunny worry! (y)

charlie

And they get to keep their vital organs :D :devil:

Thanks again everyone (y) It's good to have some possitives when everything seems to be going pear shaped. (y)

With all the luck I have had, I probably have good reason to be pessimistic about the outcome. Hey I even lost a good friend in all this sh*t.

I know one day it will be exactly how I want it, I am hoping that will be monday. Lets see eh. I just can't afford for it to go wrong this time. This Kit has cost me nearly £1,700 so far and some of that money I may as well have burnt. :mad:

EDIT : Sorry about the quality of the last pics. My camera was running out of battery and I was rushing the pictures.

Last edited:
Small update of a couple of pics taken this morning.

After cleaning the car there was a few issues I had with the paint so I took the car up to the bodyshop and showed him. He said No problem, it's all part of the next process on monday, so fingers crossed.

The front picture here can be ignored as it is because the grill is being changed soon, I have a photoshop of what it will look like but I don't think I should show it till its done for real.

Attachments

• arse1.jpg
    arse1.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 44
  • front1.jpg
    front1.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 38
Cheers Chaps ;)

I just had a horrible thought though. If the car is in on monday, there's no way it can be finished the same day. Not properly anyway, because the laquer will not be hard enough to polish, and I may be going away on tuesday :bang: I hate dilemas :(

Back