keeping fit!

Currently reading:
keeping fit!

Of all the people to turn a thread to pure filth, I never thought it would be Helz. :shakehead:

Thread-Offtopic-Derailed.jpg

what sort of diet do you follow?
always interesting to see how people manage their own diet plans
your PT give you advice on this?

Diet is pretty simple, no carbs after mid-day and aim to eat or snack on something (usually nuts, some fruit or a protein shake for snacking) every 2hrs. Will admit it took a little while to get into the right mind set, but it's pretty easy, also means most evening meals are all cooked from scratch with fresh meat and/or veg.

PT suggested the diet, and i had to keep a food diary for the first couple of weeks - being totally honest in what I'd eaten was also hard - but after a couple of 'punishment sessions' for eating 'crap' late at night I soon learnt :D

Up until a few weeks ago it was muscle work at the gym 5 times a week.

Recent training committments mean I alternate every night of the week between the gym and cardio training.

But it also means I'm losing weight so I may have to get back on the shakes...

Last edited:
So do shakes help you gain weight? :eek:

I need to put some back on (n don't say eat more cause i eat loads already! but i loose it through stress etc)

Up until a few weeks ago it was muscle work at the gym 5 times a week.

Recent training committments mean I alternate every night of the week between the gym and cardio training.

But it also means I'm losing weight so I may have to get back on the shakes...

Only problem with weights 5 times a week is you're not giving your body time to recover. OK if you're doing arms one night then legs etc, but not good at all if you're hitting all the muscle groups continually.

A little confused as how you can be loosing weight but still doing weights:confused:

...obviously not training hard enough :p

So do shakes help you gain weight? :eek:

I need to put some back on (n don't say eat more cause i eat loads already! but i loose it through stress etc)

I take a protein shake 30-45mins before training, another straight after (or within 30mins) and probably another 4-5 during the day. Plus the Mint Choc flavour it helps deal with my odd choc craving.

Wouldn't really like to suggest anything for your diet as everyones different, but if your stress is bad enough it causes weight loss then I would suggest a visit to your Docs.

Back