Just my luck

Currently reading:
Just my luck

Well lets hope you win, because it may end up costing you more fighting it.

If it was me id cut my losses, accept what is on the table and pay for the rest.

Although the majority is the dealers fault, some fault has to be put on yourself especially as you acknowledged earlier in thread about the cooling 'being weirder' than usual

Well lets hope you win, because it may end up costing you more fighting it.

If it was me id cut my losses, accept what is on the table and pay for the rest.

Although the majority is the dealers fault, some fault has to be put on yourself especially as you acknowledged earlier in thread about the cooling 'being weirder' than usual

Realistically I can get the car fixed or send it back to the dealer under my statutory rights.
Basically I am paying for the service, and the cambelt change - these I accept as my resonsibility - but as for the potentially lethal semi-functioning brake lines, and obviously the HG going (which as far as the odd cooling goes, you are quite right - I did notice it, but only just prior to the service - which is why I specifically asked them to investigate that) - well I'm just not prepared to cough up for it.

I suppose I could come off worst - but I don't think that will be the case.
I guess if I do, then I know where the guys premises are lol - once I've got Zoe patched up I could always take a day trip and have a calm, non-threatening conversation with the guy in person ;)

Working in a primarily customer service based enviroment, I deal with this sort of scenario every day - in a business who's company policy is practically to do the bare minimum for a customer that the law requires, while still being able to retain their business.
If we sell an ex-display, pre-owned, or even re-conditioned Pc - that becomes faulty within the first 12 months (excluding software faults), then we have to fix or replace that item within 6 weeks.
I know obviously the issue at hand is cars, not computers - but at the end of the day the same laws stand good.

I think I've been pretty fair in taking responsability for the consumable parts if you will - i.e the service and replacement cambelt and associated bearing.

I've also decided to have as little contact with this guy via phone as possible, so that I have everything in writing as evidence.
As far as court fees go - I believe (thanks to some basic research), that the cost to myself for issuing him with a county court summons for small claims should only come to about £45.

I wouldn't care if the guy was nice about all this - but he's a snivling little weasle, trying to duck all responsibility at evry oppertunity... he deserves what he gets.

Life is all about choice - if I choose to go ahead with all this and end up losing out - then hard luck, it was my choice.
On the hand - if he's the one that loses, then that's down to his choices to be unreasonable about all this, and deny any responsibility for the vehicle.

Damn cars are annoying, expensive, stressful and high maintenence... why do we love them so much?
:cool:

Well Zoe's back on the road again, and performing well.

She seems to be behaving better in terms of response and power - but the rad fan is still coming on too often (although less often than before), which I have a feeling is down to a possibly faulty water pump...
Checked (what I assume to be) the rad bleed nozzle near the headlight - there was a little air pressure, but then just green liquid.
Not sure where the other nozzle is... :confused:
In any case, the radiator seems to have an even distribution of heat, top to bottom, so I doubt if it's an airlock.

She still idles a little roughly too, but I'm really not sure what that's down to - or whether it's normal and in my paranoia I'm simply looking for faults :p

She's getting new wheels soon (hopefully this week, or next), and a new exhaust system also.

Rear speaker panels are in -look pretty good, sound excellent (y)

That is shocking to hear, hope it all turns out well..

me too lol - were getting there, it's just a long slog, but at least the car is running now :)

I don't know if it's too early to say yet, but I just had the battery leads off, in an attempt to reset the ecu - hooked her all back up again, and whipped her on a little trip for about a mile.
Usually the route in question would encourage the rad fan to start kicking in, but it didn't this time - so I'm wondering if there was still an error code floating around in the ecu... doesn't seem likely, but this little trick cured the same fault on Bertie - my old Cinq... fingers crossed it has cured Zoe too.

As for the rough idling, I think I've narrowed it down to idle sensor - will confirm that when I've had chance to clean it/replace.

:slayer:

Go to citizens advice for some proper legal advice, I think you have a case for saying the car was 'not fit for purpose'. If you've not had it long you should demand they take the car back and give you a full refund plus your expenses.
How recent is the MOT? Who gave it the MOT? If the MOT was done by the garage selling the car you should report the examiner. If it was done by another garage just before you bought it you should report the garage to the MOT people. Any angle of attack should be considered.
Trading standards are good but go and see citizens advice as well they are A1 at the legal advice, plus its free.
The garage will play the long game, don't give up. (y)

Last edited:
Back