General JTD Problem

Currently reading:
General JTD Problem

Jasperado

Donate Donate Donate!!!!!
My w reg jtd sometimes runs sweet and sometimes does not want to rev at all , as if the turbo is not kicking in. Any ideas on what is happening and how to fix?

Just todat a small red engine(i think) appeared at the bottom of the speedo. When the problem occurs if you floor the accelerator it doesn't pull but if you lift off and just push it a little it is as if something starts working again as you can feel it wanting to start pulling again. You know that feeling as if its cut onto 3 cylinders and when it goes back to four if you know what i mean. Sorry its just hard to explain.

it could mean alot of things.

I had something similar on my Stilo JTD.

-"beep" beep"
-engine warning light comes on
-turbo dies
- 5 seconds later everything is fine.

Mine turned out to be that water got into the overboost valve, but after a couple of days drying out everything is fine now.

Not sure if it could be something similar to yours :confused:

Don't know. Just seems to be a hit or a miss to whether it wants to go or not. It's only done 67000 miles too. The engine warning light has never been on until last night.

Jasperado said:

I would have thought so, mine seems to have this issue too and sometime won't rev past 4k. I have been informed by a man who knows that this is the likely cause and I am just waiting to have it confirmed by the dealer.

Not cheap to fix either...

Anyone got a pic of what i'm meant to disconnect?

Yep!

Image027+copy.jpg

Back