Tuning JTD - GSR induction & Red-Dot remaps!

Currently reading:
Tuning JTD - GSR induction & Red-Dot remaps!

re: JTD - GSR induction & Red-Dot remaps!

Abz, glad you had a good trip. (y)

If you do prove the point about the remap then surely some form of compensation would be in order. It's not nice to pick fights but with all those costs of traveling down from Scotland to account for (and not to mention your 'research' costs) then I'd have have thought it would be in RD's interests to settle for some modest compensation :chin:

I would be lying if that very thought hadn't crossed my mind...... ;)

Best situation would be a return to RD to let them try and effect some form of solution first, but it is just a smidgen out of the way as you point out :eek:
Pity, I was assured pre and post remap that there wouldn't be any issues...... perhaps I'm too trusting :bang:

I would be lying if that very thought hadn't crossed my mind...... ;)

Best situation would be a return to RD to let them try and effect some form of solution first, but it is just a smidgen out of the way as you point out :eek:
Pity, I was assured pre and post remap that there wouldn't be any issues...... perhaps I'm too trusting :bang:

And you being told that was a concern of mine from the start. :(

Have we gone down the route yet of obd compliancy? we know there are stilo jtd's out there that have no issues with remap and others that do. Could there be a link between this and wether there cars are obd compliant?

Again, I don't know :( Mine plugs into the Bosch OBD diagnostic 'thingmy' at my local garage without any issues so that would suggest it's all hunky dorey.

Unfortunately the supplier of my induction seems very reticent to get in touch at the moment (at all in fact) which is hardly helping my attempts at working through the issues to effect a solution or prove that the induction kit is sound - or not......

Get any further with a replacement lump for yours yet?

Have we gone down the route yet of obd compliancy? we know there are stilo jtd's out there that have no issues with remap and others that do. Could there be a link between this and wether there cars are obd compliant?
As you know both mine and yours aren't compliant and as yet mine hasn't generated an engine warning light.

Funny enough, when AT connected their equipment I was all ready to hear "Oh dear, we've got a problem talking to your ECU!" but instead they commented I had the newer ECU which meant the map would only take 5 minutes to upload instead of over 30 minutes.

I don't think there can be any question that the problem is down to WHO designed the map although it seems clear the issues are restricted to 'live' maps rather than generic (as I have). Even so, there have been posts from JTD owners with live maps without any issues (don't think they were RD though :chin:)

:idea: I'd say to get to the bottom of this you need to find someone with a RD live map who has no issues at all.

Again, I don't know :( Mine plugs into the Bosch OBD diagnostic 'thingmy' at my local garage without any issues so that would suggest it's all hunky dorey.

Unfortunately the supplier of my induction seems very reticent to get in touch at the moment (at all in fact) which is hardly helping my attempts at working through the issues to effect a solution or prove that the induction kit is sound - or not......

Get any further with a replacement lump for yours yet?

no not yet, should get engine back in the punto monday so will have some wheels for the short term.

My car connects to the local garages snap-on equipment but the cheaper personal stuff wont work.

As you know both mine and yours aren't compliant and as yet mine hasn't generated an engine warning light.

I don't think there can be any question that the problem is down to WHO designed the map although it seems clear the issues are restricted to 'live' maps rather than generic (as I have). Even so, there have been posts from JTD owners with live maps without any issues (don't think they were RD though :chin:)

:idea: I'd say to get to the bottom of this you need to find someone with a RD live map who has no issues at all.

my very first map was AT and generic and i had the error then so if anything i would say it is car specific and not map or induction. the resolution i guess would be in the map to make it specific, providing we find the difference and the reason the generic/live maps arent taking correctly?

my very first map was AT and generic and i had the error then so if anything i would say it is car specific and not map or induction.
I'd thought you'd pretty much disproved that (post # 137) unless it's something else on the car causing it other than engine (didn't you have the turbo changed too?) and ECU :confused:

One thing that hasn't been considered is make of of ECU fitted. (which might explain your situation as Fiat would almost certainly use the same make when replacing - and therefore you'd still have the same problem once remapped).

The only problem with that idea is that you'd then expect the issue to be randomly spread amongst all mapping companies whereas in fact that doesn't appear to be the case :chin:

Do you mean to just blank off the EGR (so see it it's faulty) or a permanent mod that restricts the exhaust flow?

If so, then I haven't heard about it :chin:

My mate has a CCM bike and there is a pipe from carb to air filter think i have that right and he did mention egr but anyhow his mate who has a garage told him to put a 6mm ball bearing in the pipe, he did and it is a totally different bike now much more power

Anyone fancy a trip to see me and Danny to see if we can get to the bottom of this problem for you? 1 car, preferably a mod, and a day of examiner and testing.

Anyone fancy a trip to see me and Danny to see if we can get to the bottom of this problem for you? 1 car, preferably a mod, and a day of examiner and testing.

Thanks for volunteering me!....a day spent driving up and down the bypass- mmm... fun. :cry::cry::cry:

Is the owner/mod gonna pay for the bacon rolls? :yum:

:devil:

Danny I knew you would volunteer mate, it would be good to investigate the parameters that the maps are pushing through, I already have an idea why this is occuring and I am sure Danny does.

Danny I knew you would volunteer mate, it would be good to investigate the parameters that the maps are pushing through, I already have an idea why this is occuring and I am sure Danny does.

Yep, you're right- I'm intrigued by stuff like this and it would be interesting to see the limits that the maps are pushing. ;)

I'm in- just don't make it an F1/Moto GP weekend will you? :cry:

Speak to you Monday, mate.

(y)

bacon roll:eek: i'd be looking for at least a full breakfast, tea, toast & a chocolate orange (a topic or double decker will suffice):yum:

How early do you think I'd be getting up?

Anyway, I'm easily pleased... Sausage and bacon bap with brown sauce, Tea- milk and 2 sugars. That's all I'm asking. :D

Although I've not had a Topic for ages... :yum:

Back