Technical jamming internal locking door nib

Currently reading:
Technical jamming internal locking door nib

catchy

The locking door nib seams to have jammed after I changed the door lock. Nothing appears out of place other than the removal of the plastic cover which seams to serveno purpose, perhaps other than to cover the lock barrel from rain water. The two metal prongs which the lock barrel moves up or down, to lock or unlock, move slightly, but even they when I try to move them by hand still dont lift up and down the locking nib.
Any ideas what the problem could be?

T14086 said:
Got a picture you could post up? What plastic cover do you mean?

black, breaks easy about the size of your hand

T14086 said:
Black cover that goes over the lock you mean?

Sounds as if it has been put back together wrong,definately got all the rods/levers fitted correctly?

yes, but not the nylon barrel cover thats a pig to get off

T14086 said:
U never put the nylon cover back on(use 2 picks to remove it)

you wont believe this. Just how much of a dumplin I am!
With reference to the problem, well I checked and thoght about it, could find nothing. I went to sleep on it. At five in the morning it dawned on me that the door has to be shut first on my model before the nib will go up and down. Problem solved. Bloody amazing.

Same as me, I was there for hours scratching my head trying to work out why the nib wouldn't go down then I bloody realised I had to shut the door, duh!

catchy said:
you wont believe this. Just how much of a dumplin I am!
With reference to the problem, well I checked and thoght about it, could find nothing. I went to sleep on it. At five in the morning it dawned on me that the door has to be shut first on my model before the nib will go up and down. Problem solved. Bloody amazing.

:rolleyes: LOL well at least you sussed it out & sorted it(y)
Next time simply flick across the latch across with a screwdriver etc before you rebuild door etc just to check everything is ok prior to rebuild.

Back