General I've been bad...

Currently reading:
General I've been bad...

I dont understand buying German cars, their tanks were good but their cars just suck! Its like all your getting is a tin box with no character or soul, yeah get a 164 and it will be just as reliable and not dull. Dont understand wanting a big barge anyway, little cars rule!!!

I had an Alfa 164 and it was nice however the 735 & 750 is in a different League, we buy cars for all sorts of reasons and it fits the bill.

To turn round and class everyone the same because of the car they drive is wrong, the ammount of ignorant f**kwitts on the roads these days is amazing no mater whether they drive a mini or rolls royce.

I run a site as you know for the 7 series and everyone on board that i have met, well they are the most down to earth people I have ever met.

Anyway if anyone wants to discuss the 7 series then go to the appropriate site www.bmw7resource.co.uk If you want to drive one to make up your own mind (since I would immagine most have never done so) you know where I am.

I suggest we stick to this place is for panda's.

Ok it looks as though Iv'e managed to upset a couple of you again with my sense of humour, (I was only keeping you guys going) so as I don't want people falling out with me I will not keep anyone going about their cars anymore and keep my postings to a minimum.

Sorry all :cry:

The old Mercs (E and C class) were built like tanks and lasted forever, but the new ones seriously suck. The Chrysler penny pinchers got involved and ever since they've had build quality and reliabilty issues.

A friend of mine used to have an E class estate with an AMG 5 litre V8! Went like stink, but could drop down into single figures for MPG :eek:

BMW are about the only German manufacturer still building cars to a high standard. VW have slipped badly (Skoda and Seat have better ratings based on the same floor pan!) and Audi aren't without their share of problems. Porsche don't seem to be doing too badly, but it's that image that I can't handle :shakehead

I have to admit that the old 3.0 CSI Coupe (shark nose front) from the mid 1970's is absolutely gorgeous and has never been bettered. The 635 CSI is ok, but looks too yuppy for me.

Not forgetting of course the old 535 M5 that is still regarded as one of the ultimate drivers cars. Shame it looks so much like a big version of the yuppy 3 series!

And the gullwing Merc is a stunner, along with the fin tailed saloons and stacked headlight models.

But modern German cars just don't do it for me. If I had to buy an early 90's big car I would prefer an Alfa 164 3.0 V6 any day. Far more individual and stylish, and one hell of a drivers car. Plus it's well built and reliable too!

However, my old Fiat still has bags more character than any German car over the last 15 years (y)

It's all a question of taste - each to their own.

My Panda is my hobby, I have always had a soft spot for them - there is just something about them and I will trying to keep mine a going concern for as long as I can.

thank you serin it is sanandreas. way better than vice city. ps i will look after a car when i have to pay insurance :D. pass plus well worth it

Stuartl said:
Ok it looks as though Iv'e managed to upset a couple of you again with my sense of humour, (I was only keeping you guys going) so as I don't want people falling out with me I will not keep anyone going about their cars anymore and keep my postings to a minimum.

Sorry all :cry:

No need to apologise Stu I'm not upset, just curious and confused why so many people are upset about a car that they probably know nothing about, have never driven or lived with and in essence is engineering at it's very best.

But on second thoughts then realised that this is a FIAT site and shouldn't be discussing it anyway.

Jim Good luck with it, make sure you check the front ball joints, I had serious failure on both at the same time in my merc and the car nearly killed me as it dropped to the floor, also check the brake hoses carefully....same reason.

Last edited:
Oh Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz
All my friends have Panda's and I need to make amends
Work'd hard all my lifetime with no help from my friends
Oh Lord, won't you buy me a me a Mercedes Benz....

Mercedesbenz.jpg

Jim

Back