Technical Really bad brakes!

Currently reading:
Technical Really bad brakes!

Hi John, for what it's worth......... Although a SEAT my Terra van has always had appalling brakes. Loads of travel and braking only just off the floor. I've tried vacuum bleeding, pressure bleeding and good old get the other half to pump the pedal bleeding.
I've fitted a new servo, master cylinder, discs, pads and removed the rear brake balance valve.
On the back I fitted 'injection' self adjusting rear shoes and....... The brakes are crap.
My next idea is to fit engine, axles and running gear from a Ford Focus. That should do the trick.

I have a Sisley with exactly the same problem, scared me to death when I first bought it, went to pull up at the first 'T' junction having left the previous owners house and nearly sailed across it. The pedal went almost to the floor before any apparent braking so need to sort it before the MOT.
I plan on changing pads, discs, rear brake shoes and all flexible hoses and hope this resolves the problem.

change the master cylinder too for what its worth. i have pretty much sorted my brakes out now, the pedal still travels a fair way but it actually "hits solid pressure" when i press the brake.. not hits the solid floor haha.

the little adjustment is very fine. you only need to turn it a half turn at a time and it makes a massive difference. like i said though this thing if set wrong will cause the brakes to bind.

ive got it pretty good at the moment.

would not mind replacing the front calipers though.

change the master cylinder too for what its worth. i have pretty much sorted my brakes out now, the pedal still travels a fair way but it actually "hits solid pressure" when i press the brake.. not hits the solid floor haha.

the little adjustment is very fine. you only need to turn it a half turn at a time and it makes a massive difference. like i said though this thing if set wrong will cause the brakes to bind.

ive got it pretty good at the moment.

would not mind replacing the front calipers though.

D M. Just take them off hone the bore turn seals and then remove any corrosion from piston should be good for another few years . Sj .

Guys, here in Italy we upgrade our Pandas with Panda Selecta brake system. :D:D

We have a thread explaining how to modify your Panda.

You get an awesome advantage in brake-power , and the car never goes in fading condition. :cool:

The thread is in italian language, but the pictures are very clear.
http://www.panda4x4.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6253#p681822

Please read the messages posted by Pandatrebbia (our President). ;)

Back