Is it legal?

Currently reading:
Is it legal?

that will do nicely (y)

in that link it says

"A motor car parked on a road was being used on the road for the purposes of sections 47 and 143 of the Road Traffic Act 1988".

its interesting that the court considered keeping a car on the road to be using it. i shall remember that in future. so basically if any car (or even an empty shell) goes anywhere on a public road it must have tax, MOT and insurance.

i wonder at what point does something become a motor car? according to the link it doesn't need a motor, or even wheels, so what does it need? i guess all you need is half a shell and a moody copper.

Last edited:
i wonder at what point does something become a motor car?
thats the sort of thing that ends up being decided on the individual circumstances of the case.

Its the sort of trial that some magistrates do their very best to avoid and others, like me, enjoy doing just because its different.

i wonder at what point does something become a motor car? according to the link it doesn't need a motor, or even wheels, so what does it need? i guess all you need is half a shell and a moody copper.

wonder what they would do if you spot welded this to the cross member :confused:

alkohtc3.jpg

Back