Off Topic ios6

Currently reading:
Off Topic ios6

I think in retrospect iOS6 is really only for those with iPad 3 and iPhone 4S and 5 the claimed '200 improvements' mainly apply to the mapping software and Siri, yes there are s few other features and some changes to the overall appearance of the software but on any other devices its a very limited update

I'm a really big fan of Apple but I have to admit that even if I like the layout and the fact that the map are much more easy to be browsed (vectorial maps work wonderful offline)...the overall quality is not sufficient.

Windsor is not on the MAP! :)

Attachments

• windsor 001.jpg
    windsor 001.jpg
    968.8 KB · Views: 17
I'm a really big fan of Apple but I have to admit that even if I like the layout and the fact that the map are much more easy to be browsed (vectorial maps work wonderful offline)...the overall quality is not sufficient.

Windsor is not on the MAP! :)

Yes it is!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 16
You don't really need a car in NYC

As a tourist no i agree, but how cool would it be to have a supercar and drag race between traffic lights and zig zag around streets surrounded by skyscrapers at night?

As long as you dont exceed the speed limit = ) I saw a tesla having a good time around the streets of New York when i was there. The only issue is where on earth will you park? It aint cheap!

It seems affluent New Yorkers simply go around in chauffeured Lincoln Town Cars. Mechanically they may be useless, but they are definately well stocked and spacious inside!

Ahmett sorry dude, I have been using Apple since Apple II and am kind of a fan to their attention to design but use Dell as main PC, I swear by MS Outlook, but I have to say IOS6 does not bring any joy.

There is more to IOS 6 than just maps but as Maps is the topic, Apple have blatantly annoyed most of the iDevice users out there by providing a substandard maps service, sadly the users cannot do much other than to complain or revert to IOS 5. Google spent a lot of money, time and effort to dominate the maps area and provided amazing (yes) content-rich features, Apple has a long way to go to match the decent searchable content on maps. The 3d stuff is kind of a gimmick when all you need is decent topology. Agreed turn-by-turn built in is useful but tomtom and navfree (in early stages of life) are excellent standalone apps.

I updated the iPad 2 yesterday and refuse to update my iPhone 4s until Google launch their Maps App and provide a native (as good as before) App for youtube which Apple have also removed. Its all political nonsense to the detriment of the user experience, which goes against Apples rules but Google is now competition !!

Just a bit more… IOS 6 is pretty large and dare I say may have verbose coding which makes old devices slow to make you run out and buy the next brighter, longer, faster iPhone 5. The older iPhone4S btw was also brighter and faster and a great piece of kit, but now you need an A6 processor to run the monstrous software.

Personally stay on IOS 5 unless content is not an issue, siri and other features are good but still wait for 6.01 update as the masses give feedback.

btw: you can still use Google Maps via iDevice browser, and youtube via iPhone App, both a bit cluncky.

Well yes i consider macbooks overpriced ridiculous machines. I use a Sony Vaio. Regarding Microsoft Outlook 2010, it certainly is a heavyweight, even with my i7 processor and 6 GB of Ram it still manages to freeze!

However the iphone really is something else and i think ios6 is a further evolution of that. I had many issues with google maps and i think apple maps is good enough. Give them a break, i am sure they will improve it over time, just like siri which is much better in ios6 than ios5. We need to be positive over such innovations, not find everything we can find wrong about it.
Anyway we can complain all we want, it still is one of the most cash rich companies in the world, if not the most cash rich. What 100,000,000,000 USD of cash??

And why should i pay to have apps on my phone? At least with apple maps i get it for free with my iphone 4s and above.

But not Stratford-upon-Avon.... :(

How the heck is our local economy going to survive when tourists can't find one of the largest hotspots in the UK...? (It was bad enough, in the summer, when people were trying to find the Olympics....) ;)

Is stratford upon avon golf club not stratford upon avon?

But not Stratford-upon-Avon.... :(

How the heck is our local economy going to survive when tourists can't find one of the largest hotspots in the UK...? (It was bad enough, in the summer, when people were trying to find the Olympics....) ;)

Hilarious *shakes head*

If Apple were a proper IT company rather than just a purveyor of shiny things then they would have actually tested their mapping software....... but they're not so they didn't.

This just in...! :cool:

Sounds a bit...Nick Clegg
...to me... -- and I've been an avid user of Apple products since the 1980s. They do, however, have a tendency to shoot themselves in the foot, occasionally, though... (as do many companies...). :eek:

That's a pissweak excuse. But then again so was the antennagate excuse as well.....

Hi,

I updated my iphone 4 without really thinking, and so fair the big issue is that it no longer seems to connect when attached through the Blue&Me Adaptor to play music, it just isn't recognised Not sure why, or how to fix it..... Very annoying!

That's a pissweak excuse. But then again so was the antennagate excuse as well.....

What about antennagate? That was a joke as apple didn't change anything they just said hold your phone differently and ppl stopped complaining! People really have no lives except complaining about anything they can. If you dont know that stratford upon avon golf course is not in stratford upon avon and by the way if you type stratford upon avon in apple maps it comes to stratford upon avon well then clearly they are not technologically minded and should just go to the newstand and buy an old school paper map!

Maxi since you seem to be such a clever guy, maybe you should be CEO of Apple.

Last edited:
What about antennagate? That was a joke as apple didn't change anything they just said hold your phone differently and ppl stopped complaining! People really have no lives except complaining about anything they can. If you dont know that stratford upon avon golf course is not in stratford upon avon and by the way if you type stratford upon avon in apple maps it comes to stratford upon avon well then clearly they are not technologically minded and should just go to the newstand and buy an old school paper map!

Maxi since you seem to be such a clever guy, maybe you should be CEO of Apple.

I love this spurious reasoning :)

This is a discussion forum Ahmett, you posted a comment on here and people have said positive and negative things about Apple and ios6.

Deal with is :wave:

I love this spurious reasoning :)

This is a discussion forum Ahmett, you posted a comment on here and people have said positive and negative things about Apple and ios6.

Deal with is :wave:

Yes i am aware of that but i dont like it when people raise issues that dont exist just to find something to complain about!

Yes i am aware of that but i dont like it when people raise issues that dont exist just to find something to complain about!

No, the issues do exist. You just choose to justify to yourself that these things aren't issues. There's a world of difference.

No, the issues do exist. You just choose to justify to yourself that these things aren't issues. There's a world of difference.

I'll use an analogy; people always complain about the weather! its either too hot, too cold, too sunny, too windy, too rainy, etc! they mainly do it just to find something to complain about.

I'll use an analogy; people always complain about the weather! its either too hot, too cold, too sunny, too windy, too rainy, etc! they mainly do it just to find something to complain about.

Except there actually is something wrong....... :bang:

Featured31.jpg

People joke that Windows Phone 7 was a beta OS and to a certain extent I have to agree, but I have never had any issues like this where functionality doesn't work as promised.

Except there actually is something wrong....... :bang:

Featured31.jpg

People joke that Windows Phone 7 was a beta OS and to a certain extent I have to agree, but I have never had any issues like this where functionality doesn't work as promised.

Maybe they took those photos during an earthquake = ) Anyway i doubt apple cares that much, people can complain all they want, they still go to the apple store and spend 500 pounds they dont have on the latest iphone even though they have last years model that works just fine. Funny world.

Maybe they took those photos during an earthquake = ) Anyway i doubt apple cares that much, people can complain all they want, they still go to the apple store and spend 500 pounds they dont have on the latest iphone even though they have last years model that works just fine. Funny world.

It's a lot like 500's which have small annoying problems which shouldn't happen, yet people still buy them and loads of people trade in perfectly good ones for new ones......

Personally I'm quite happy buying another car with a fraction of the money I'd have lost in depreciation if I'd bought another 500.

Back