Off Topic ios6

Currently reading:
Off Topic ios6

Why do you love it?

Its quicker than ios5, the GPS works very well on maps as long as you have reception (i dont have those paid applications), and siri is actually useful now. Mail is more efficient and better to use (attachments etc), i also liked the panorama photo thing. Passbook is very smart although it needs some development and airlines etc to join in it. I think it will get better as time goes on.

The only issue i found was that i think it uses battery even more than ios5 on the 4s, either that or i use it more.

I have just taken delivery of the iphone 5 and its a lot faster opening apps and opening webpages than my iphone 4s running ios6

8008999715_ca8df87e28_b.jpg

I have just taken delivery of the iphone 5 and its a lot faster opening apps and opening webpages than my iphone 4s running ios6

8008999715_ca8df87e28_b.jpg

Nice. How does it feel in the hand? They say its quite a lot lighter. Do you have 4g tmobile/orange? Greece does not have 4g yet so i dont see much of a reason to get the iphone 5 when it eventually comes out here.

Nice. How does it feel in the hand? They say its quite a lot lighter. Do you have 4g tmobile/orange? Greece does not have 4g yet so i dont see much of a reason to get the iphone 5 when it eventually comes out here.

It feels lighter and the lager screen looks great. I don't have 4g but I don't really need it, i have 100mb internet at home and 3g hsdpa with unlimited data for the phone and thats fast enough for now.

It feels lighter and the lager screen looks great

I'd love my iphone to have a 'lager' screen. Just hold it up to my mouth and pour it in! Ahh, that would make my day!

Nope, I'll be sticking with my trusty 3GS. Has been perfectly fine the whole time I've owned it. Plus, it cost £460 to buy outright on PAYG, so I aint getting rid for some time!

most importantly does ios6 still work with the blue and me dongle?

The beta 4 version of ios6 worked not problem so I guess the final version will work. I have not tried the iphone 5 as I don't have the standard stereo now.

Does your side/back aluminium have any of the anodising stuff scuffed or scratched off? (yet?). Apparently the black ones are all suffering this weakness.

I have had it for 2 hours so no problems yet

No, I don't thik it will be. For so many people Apple products is like a religion and they can see no alternative path - like blind faith. cf, Ahmett.

True, but for the less zealotish ones...

cannot question apple design but its a kick in the face to almost all users thanks to commercial competition, custard posted above "why the rush to push out an unfinished work". No doubt unlock companies will flourish.

I am surprised we have been allowed to post on ios in the /500 section for so long, but its a worldwide topic this week.

Back