General Interior overhead bulb

Currently reading:
General Interior overhead bulb

Harry Carry

Hi, I want to replace the overhead lightbulb and change it to an LED. I know it’s a festoon but what length should I order? Are the ones from Amazon ok or should I just pop to Halfords?
thanks

I'd be careful changing it to an LED. My new Panda's interior bulb surprisingly blew after two months ownership, so I purchased an LED one on online. Trouble was it stayed on very slightly all the time. I ended up buying a genuine one from a Fiat Dealer.

Is it a twin festoon bulb lamp?

My 2014 Panda has 2 festoon bulbs in the interior lamp. I replaced with these - Amazon link

They don’t stay on at all. They are very bright but as they are a warm white it isn’t too intense. In fact I’d say it is as interior lamps ought to be!

My 2014 Panda has 2 festoon bulbs in the interior lamp. I replaced with these - Amazon link

They don’t stay on at all. They are very bright but as they are a warm white it isn’t too intense. In fact I’d say it is as interior lamps ought to be!
Thanks Jamie I’ll take the cover off and check it out. Thanks for the link

Fiat dropped the two lamp version (with individual switched ‘reading lights’) around 2017. Shame - I used to like the one in my 2013 car. On the other hand the more ‘basic’ light they used after that at least gives a bit of light to the back seat too.

Well it’s one bulb. Mine is a 2014 pop. tried 3 different bulbs at Halfords. Two were too long and the other too short. Going to check my local garage tomorrow.

Fiat dropped the two lamp version (with individual switched ‘reading lights’) around 2017. Shame - I used to like the one in my 2013 car. On the other hand the more ‘basic’ light they used after that at least gives a bit of light to the back seat too.
I was thinking of swapping for the older version but I'll need to see if the connections are the same

I was thinking of swapping for the older version but I'll need to see if the connections are the same
I’m not sure it will work in the headlining… the new light is smaller but the separate mic for the phone sits further away, if you see what I mean, and the hole it’s in won’t be covered by the larger twin light.

Back