Technical Daytime running light bulb change

Currently reading:
Technical Daytime running light bulb change

jvdp

Sorry if I'm being thick but I can't work out from drawing 100 in the handbook (or find videos or other advice here) how to change the little daytime light - cover is off and there's the two wires (connector D) into a clip (C) that I cannot understand how to unlatch to access and remove the bulb holder (E) on the back of the bulb - any advice please ?

Last edited:
A week ago in the really cold (and wet)

The panda flagged a warning
"check running lights"..
It later transpired it was the RHS DRL..

I looked on here.. Access was from below.. 😕

So I used a different car for 2 days.. 👍

Back in the Panda again.. All good for the last 3 days.. Again a poor connection no doubt 🤔

A week ago in the really cold (and wet)

The panda flagged a warning
"check running lights"..
It later transpired it was the RHS DRL..

I looked on here.. Access was from below.. 😕

So I used a different car for 2 days.. 👍

Back in the Panda again.. All good for the last 3 days.. Again a poor connection no doubt 🤔
Not below, just by kneeling by the front wheel.
For right side DRL, turn steering fully to left. This gives easy access to the two screws that hold the access panel in place. Remove those, flick the panel off and the bulb holder can be seen. Turn the bulb holder anti-clockwise (upwards at wire end) and it drops down… all in easy reach.

The left one I can reach from above. The right one, washer bottle and aircon plumbing makes it more difficult than the ‘via wheelarch’ route

Last edited:
Since mine today put up a ‘check bulbs’ warning for the DRL I took a look. Bulb was fine and came to life after a wiggle - suspect dirty contact. But, while checking it in both bright and dim settings it became clear it only ever uses the 21w filament (by dimming it for the sidelight setting). That answers how it works with just two wires (one is indeed the earth return). But also, like the twin filament tail light where only one gets used, does lead to the question ‘why do it that way?’
Nice one - finally the mystery resolved!

Back